Holwell tied with Hatfield in an incredible match in The Broadview Windows North Herts League on Sunday. Hatfield batted first and got 229-7 in their 40 overs, John Mansfield taking 2-18 and Adam Parkins 2-28. Parkins was again in magnificent form with th
Holwell tied with Hatfield in an incredible match in The Broadview Windows North Herts League on Sunday.
Hatfield batted first and got 229-7 in their 40 overs, John Mansfield taking 2-18 and Adam Parkins 2-28.
Parkins was again in magnificent form with the bat, hitting a blistering 94, and he was well supported by Steve Gatward with 46.
A frantic last over, including a run out on the last ball of the game, saw Holwell close on 229-8 and a tie.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock played an under-strength Offley and Stopsley and ran out winners by 135 runs.
Batting first, Baldock scored 221-8 off 40 overs. James Peacock scored 87 and Rob Peacock continued his fine form with 73. Skipper Alistair Jones added 28 at the end of the innings.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 3 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 4 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 9 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 10 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
Baldock then rolled Offley for just 86 with Jack Mead the pick of the bowlers with 3-19.
Ickleford's recent good run in the league came to an end with defeat at Breachwood Green.
But it was really just one man who made all the difference as Yassar took 1-14 in eight overs and scored a brilliant 76no to lead Breachwood Green to an unexpected victory.
Ickleford batted first and in-form Jack Edwards made 20 before injury-troubled Kevin Shinner hit an excellent 52 despite his bad back.
They fell from 101-2 to 136-6 before Duncan Jenner batted intelligently to make 61no and guide the score to 208-8.
The Ickleford bowlers made a solid start and the asking rate soon rose.
But Ickleford had no answer to Yassar who paced his innings superbly. Scott Crouch took 3-42 and Roy Izzard 2-34 but it was not enough.
Letchworth entertained Codicote at Fairfield Park in Division Two and won a tight game by three wickets with one ball to go.
* Henlow were beaten in the last over at Harrold in the Beds League Division One on Sunday.
Seven batsmen reached double figures as Henlow posted 215 all out, although only Matt Hicks (32) and Merrick Baltruschat (35) topped 30.
Skipper Krish Canagasabey claimed 3-30 in eight overs as the home side lost seven wickets in passing the target with four balls to spare.
The seconds went down by six wickets to Hexton in Division Three after totalling 191 all out in 38 overs, Ricky Chamberlain top scoring with 27.
Hexton lost four wickets in knocking off the runs inside 26 overs, Lee Ownsworth taking 3-46 in eight overs.