Holwell tied with Hatfield in an incredible match in The Broadview Windows North Herts League on Sunday. Hatfield batted first and got 229-7 in their 40 overs, John Mansfield taking 2-18 and Adam Parkins 2-28. Parkins was again in magnificent form with th
Holwell tied with Hatfield in an incredible match in The Broadview Windows North Herts League on Sunday.
Hatfield batted first and got 229-7 in their 40 overs, John Mansfield taking 2-18 and Adam Parkins 2-28.
Parkins was again in magnificent form with the bat, hitting a blistering 94, and he was well supported by Steve Gatward with 46.
A frantic last over, including a run out on the last ball of the game, saw Holwell close on 229-8 and a tie.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock played an under-strength Offley and Stopsley and ran out winners by 135 runs.
Batting first, Baldock scored 221-8 off 40 overs. James Peacock scored 87 and Rob Peacock continued his fine form with 73. Skipper Alistair Jones added 28 at the end of the innings.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 7 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
Baldock then rolled Offley for just 86 with Jack Mead the pick of the bowlers with 3-19.
Ickleford's recent good run in the league came to an end with defeat at Breachwood Green.
But it was really just one man who made all the difference as Yassar took 1-14 in eight overs and scored a brilliant 76no to lead Breachwood Green to an unexpected victory.
Ickleford batted first and in-form Jack Edwards made 20 before injury-troubled Kevin Shinner hit an excellent 52 despite his bad back.
They fell from 101-2 to 136-6 before Duncan Jenner batted intelligently to make 61no and guide the score to 208-8.
The Ickleford bowlers made a solid start and the asking rate soon rose.
But Ickleford had no answer to Yassar who paced his innings superbly. Scott Crouch took 3-42 and Roy Izzard 2-34 but it was not enough.
Letchworth entertained Codicote at Fairfield Park in Division Two and won a tight game by three wickets with one ball to go.
* Henlow were beaten in the last over at Harrold in the Beds League Division One on Sunday.
Seven batsmen reached double figures as Henlow posted 215 all out, although only Matt Hicks (32) and Merrick Baltruschat (35) topped 30.
Skipper Krish Canagasabey claimed 3-30 in eight overs as the home side lost seven wickets in passing the target with four balls to spare.
The seconds went down by six wickets to Hexton in Division Three after totalling 191 all out in 38 overs, Ricky Chamberlain top scoring with 27.
Hexton lost four wickets in knocking off the runs inside 26 overs, Lee Ownsworth taking 3-46 in eight overs.