The Hitchin Sunday Football League There was heartbreak for Engineers Henlow as they narrowly failed to retain the Beds Sunday Lower Junior Cup against Royal Oak (Potton). After a goalless first half, the Henlow side fell behind before Jim Gentry rose lik
The Hitchin Sunday Football League
There was heartbreak for Engineers Henlow as they narrowly failed to retain the Beds Sunday Lower Junior Cup against Royal Oak (Potton).
After a goalless first half, the Henlow side fell behind before Jim Gentry rose like a salmon to head home an equaliser.
It was not to be though as Royal Oak scored again with 12 minutes remaining to win the match 2-1.
AEK Letchworth made it through to the George John Memorial Trophy final by beating AC Malone 1-0.
Malones were never really at the races and a superb strike from Matt Wilson put the Letchworth boys into the final.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 3 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 4 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 5 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 8 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 9 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 10 Thousands set to bring out the bunting for Jubilee thanks to grant funding
In the Premier Division, Red Star ICL finally got back into league action and picked up where they left off as Stotfold Sunday were on the end of a 6-1 drubbing.
Keith Milburn hit a hat-trick, James Campbell, Giles Morgan and an own goal completed the Red Star tally.
Kcinsatop remain on top of the table after beating Whitwell 4-3, Stuart Potasnick (two) and Shaun Stuart (two) cancelled out a Wayne Mullooly treble for Whitwell.
Hitchin Town Supporters picked up a valuable point away to Cannon.
And the points were also shared as The George Hitchin threw away a two-goal lead courtesy of Daniel Jeeves and Ricky Day to draw 2-2 with Wanderers, Michael Carter and Barney Buck scoring for Wanderers.
In Division One, Cannon Res extended their lead at the top after a nerve jangling 4-3 win at Angels Reply. Scott Beake (two), Mark Nunn and Robbie Somers scored for the title chasers while Jay Norris (two) and Steve Flattery replied for Angels.
JCA returned to winning ways beating Radcliffe Arms 3-0, Terry Kinnersley (two) and John Slater on target.
Offley Rangers made up some ground on the group of three teams just above them after a 2-1 win at home to SMU.
Hitchin Town Supporters Res condemned Crown Henlow to the bottom spot after beating them 5-0 at the Grange. Ben Weston scored three while Adam Knight contributed a brace.
Trevor Long (three) and Justin Kells helped Ocean's XI to a 4-2 win at AC Malone Res in Division Two. Malones scored thanks to Barry Brookman and Darren Matthews.
Kcinsatop Res maintained their slim championship hopes after beating Walsworth 2-1. Rob Groves scored both the Kcinsatop goals, while free-scoring Danny Levy replied for Walsworth.
* Compiled by Leighton Machin.
* The website can be viewed at www.hsfleague.com
* Goalscorers can be emailed to Leighton.email@example.com or sent by text to 07867 839458.