* Letchworth men s veterans take on the might of five-times Vet Cup winners East Grinstead in the quarter-finals of the England HA Vets Cup this Sunday. Their opponents will include several ex-internationals in their side and their men s first XI play in
* Letchworth men's veterans take on the might of five-times Vet Cup winners East Grinstead in the quarter-finals of the England HA Vets Cup this Sunday.
Their opponents will include several ex-internationals in their side and their men's first XI play in the Premier Division of the National League.
A large crowd is expected at Whitethorn Lane to cheer Letchworth on but even further support is welcome.
Pushback is at 1pm and refreshments will be available in the clubhouse.
* The future of Blueharts Hockey Club looks bright.
Their minis section had a successful first ever competitive match against Harpenden.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 7 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 8 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
The under-12s drew 2-2 with goals from Owen Shipley and Douglas Morgan. And the under-nine team had an impressive 6-0 win. A hat-trick from James Lamond was added to by a goal apiece from Robert Baxter, Willem Van der Schoot and Niamh O'Connor.
The full teams were: under-12: Desmond Huthwaite, Charlie Bruce, Ellen Hurley, Joseph Kennedy, Carrie Shipley, Owen Shipley, James Ball and Douglas Morgan.
The under-nines were Matthew Bull, Matthew Beale, Eleanor Jordan, Robert Baxter, Emma Baxter, Niamh O'Connor, James Lamond and Willem Van der Schoot.