Blueharts mixed team stun Dereham as comeback books semi-final spot
- Credit: BLUEHARTS HOCKEY CLUB
Blueharts' mixed team needed an outstanding comeback to stake a place in the England Hockey National Mixed semi-finals.
They trailed 2-0 at home to Dereham at half-time but after several heated tackles that brought a yellow card to each side, the Hitchin-based club found their stride.
Ben Bayley’s reverse aerial shot across goal was deflected in by Jason Trickett and the duo combined minutes later to level the scores.
And with the home crowd providing the vocal energy, U18 Paige Vorster scored on the back post following a cross from Jay Livermore. and the latter wrapped things up by firing high into the roof of the net for a 4-2 win.
Stevenage ladies meanwhile are involved with the Broxbourne Summer League.
They began with a 4-1 win over Bishop's Stortford Acolytes, Joanne Biggs and Lennie Mac getting two each,, and they followed it up with a similar score against the host club.
Biggs scored again while Claire Westie and Nikki Greaves (two) added the others.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 7 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 8 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 9 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 10 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
They made it three wins from three with a 3-0 success over Chicksticks.