Hitchin Town's game with Tamworth abandoned after injury to the Lambs' Bilal Yafai
- Credit: PETER ELSE
Hitchin Town and Tamworth will have to try again after their Southern League Premier Division Central game at Top Field was abandoned after a serious injury.
The stoppage came in the 26th minute and left Tamworth's Bilal Yafai in distress on the pitch, requiring an ambulance to come to the ground and treat him.
Fortunately the prognosis is good and a statement from the Lambs on Saturday evening said the 25-year-old had left hospital and was on his way home.
It said: "Bilal Yafai sustained an injury in the first half of our game at Hitchin Town on Saturday resulting in an abandonment. An ambulance was called to treat Bilal on the pitch.
"We're pleased to report that Bilal has been released from hospital and returned home.
"We would like to place on record our gratitude to Hitchin Town, and in particular their physio Sam [Backhouse] for their assistance on and off the pitch.
"We wish Hitchin Town every success for the rest of the season."
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 4 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
The game was goal-less at the time.
The Canaries are next in action on Monday when they go to Royston Town for a 1pm kick-off.