Layne Eadie bags only goal in Hitchin Town’s entertaining friendly win at St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin Town picked up a 1-0 win in their latest pre-season friendly – this one away to St Neots Town.
This was the prefect warm-up game ahead of the Southern League Premier Division Central season with the hosts, who play one level below the Canaries, making it a hugely competitive and entertaining contest.
The winner came on the hour from the penalty spot, Layne Eadie converting, and was just reward for an improved effort after the break.
Charlie Horlock had made a couple of important saves in the first half to keep St Neots out but Hitchin had their own chances, the best of which fell to Jhai Dhillon with one effort cleared off the line and a second blazed over the top.
After the break the visitors’ best opening fell to the unmarked Laurie Marsh at a corner but he directed his header over the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
Hitchin start their new league season at home to Alvechurch on September 19.
- 1 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 2 Full list of Stevenage results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 4 Three arrested after two people held against their will
- 5 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 6 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 7 Marriotts School pays tribute to 'happy and vibrant' student Julia Blackham
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Stevenage Borough Council
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 County council elections round-up for Stevenage and North Herts