No predictions, just pleasure at being back playing again for Hitchin Town's Dan Webb
- Credit: KEVIN LINES
Dan Webb is sure of one thing and one thing only when it comes to the new Southern League Premier Division Central season - he is making no predictions.
"No chance," he replied with a smile when asked on how Hitchin town would go. "It's too early to tell."
His reasoning behind keeping his cards close to his chest is simple. The forced and early cancellation of the last two seasons have affected every club in differing ways and the new campaign is a blank slate for everyone.
That doesn't mean he is not confident of a good year though.
He said: "The league is going to be a bit of blank page. You don’t know how teams are going to shape up in terms of their financial status or their players.
"Players come and go, some have given up – we have lost a couple who are just not playing but we have got people around the country who can do scouting and I’m sure we’ll be prepared.
"We’ll do our research but we’ll also take each game as it comes.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
"We’ve trained through lockdown just to keep ticking over but it is really good to be back.
"Having a kick-around with the boys gets the morale going and hopefully we can get back to normal."