Hitchin Sunday League: It's a Vita bella as Challenge Cup final place is booked
- Credit: HITCHIN SUNDAY LEAGUE
Vita reached the final of the Hitchin Sunday League Carl Couzens Challenge Cup in style.
The Division One side were at St Ippolyts from the step below and it proved to be a step too far for the underdogs as they lost 12-2.
Vita will now play fellow Division One side Fairfield Park as they knocked out The Hogs Head from Division Three with a 2-1 win.
The Subsidiary Cup is also getting to the business end of things.
Royston United beat AC Malone 4-0 in group A and will only be denied a semi-final spot if Fairfield Park win their final game by 13 clear goals.
Hitchin Town Supporters meanwhile beat Chells Rovers 2-0.
Stevenage Athletic have qualified from group B and finished with a 4-3 win over Ashwell. Lea Sports PSG and Boca Seniors served up two more than that, the former winning 5-4 .
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 7 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 8 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 9 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 10 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
Top dogs in group C are Fox & Duck but they had to scramble to a 4-4 draw against Kimpton whose goals came from Jonny Moore, Rezza Robb Kimpton (two) and an own goal.
Kimpton were 3-1 up at half-time but trailed 4-3 until the latter stages.
Coach & Horses ensured qualification from group D with an 8-0 win over St Ippolyts while Shephall Wednesday won 4-2 at home against Litlington Athletic, the latter having drawn 1-1 with North Herts Hatters earlier in the week.