Hitchin Sunday League: It's a Vita bella as Challenge Cup final place is booked
- Credit: HITCHIN SUNDAY LEAGUE
Vita reached the final of the Hitchin Sunday League Carl Couzens Challenge Cup in style.
The Division One side were at St Ippolyts from the step below and it proved to be a step too far for the underdogs as they lost 12-2.
Vita will now play fellow Division One side Fairfield Park as they knocked out The Hogs Head from Division Three with a 2-1 win.
The Subsidiary Cup is also getting to the business end of things.
Royston United beat AC Malone 4-0 in group A and will only be denied a semi-final spot if Fairfield Park win their final game by 13 clear goals.
Hitchin Town Supporters meanwhile beat Chells Rovers 2-0.
Stevenage Athletic have qualified from group B and finished with a 4-3 win over Ashwell. Lea Sports PSG and Boca Seniors served up two more than that, the former winning 5-4 .
- 1 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Guns and drugs arrest man in court over bail breach
Top dogs in group C are Fox & Duck but they had to scramble to a 4-4 draw against Kimpton whose goals came from Jonny Moore, Rezza Robb Kimpton (two) and an own goal.
Kimpton were 3-1 up at half-time but trailed 4-3 until the latter stages.
Coach & Horses ensured qualification from group D with an 8-0 win over St Ippolyts while Shephall Wednesday won 4-2 at home against Litlington Athletic, the latter having drawn 1-1 with North Herts Hatters earlier in the week.