Hitchin Sunday League: It's a Vita bella as Challenge Cup final place is booked
- Credit: HITCHIN SUNDAY LEAGUE
Vita reached the final of the Hitchin Sunday League Carl Couzens Challenge Cup in style.
The Division One side were at St Ippolyts from the step below and it proved to be a step too far for the underdogs as they lost 12-2.
Vita will now play fellow Division One side Fairfield Park as they knocked out The Hogs Head from Division Three with a 2-1 win.
The Subsidiary Cup is also getting to the business end of things.
Royston United beat AC Malone 4-0 in group A and will only be denied a semi-final spot if Fairfield Park win their final game by 13 clear goals.
Hitchin Town Supporters meanwhile beat Chells Rovers 2-0.
Stevenage Athletic have qualified from group B and finished with a 4-3 win over Ashwell. Lea Sports PSG and Boca Seniors served up two more than that, the former winning 5-4 .
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 4 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 8 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
Top dogs in group C are Fox & Duck but they had to scramble to a 4-4 draw against Kimpton whose goals came from Jonny Moore, Rezza Robb Kimpton (two) and an own goal.
Kimpton were 3-1 up at half-time but trailed 4-3 until the latter stages.
Coach & Horses ensured qualification from group D with an 8-0 win over St Ippolyts while Shephall Wednesday won 4-2 at home against Litlington Athletic, the latter having drawn 1-1 with North Herts Hatters earlier in the week.