Hitchin Sunday League: Arlesey Town still flying the flag in Beds Junior Cup
- Credit: HITCHIN SUNDAY LEAGUE
The Hitchin Sunday League’s sole survivors in the Beds Junior Cup have advanced to the next stage.
Arlesey Town were at home to Brim & Crown Athletic in the third round and eventually ran out winners in a hugely-entertaining contest, claiming a 4-3 victory.
Cups held the attention elsewhere too with the second round of the Carl Couzens Challenge Cup.
Stotfold Juniors from Division Two were at home against Division Three side FC Inter Malone and after finishing 2-2 in 90 minutes, Stotfold edged through 5-4 on penalties.
St Ippolyts faced fellow Division Two side Ashwell and won 4-2 while The Cock from Division Two had a tough away game against Vita from Division One, falling to a 7-2 defeat.
There was an all-Division One clash when Engineers Arms played host to Fairfield Park and it ended in success for the visitors by the odd goal in seven.
The Hogs Head from Division Three were at home to Hitchin Town Supporters, also from Division Three, and a solitary goal was enough for them to secure the win.
- 1 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 2 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 3 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 4 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 5 Pedestrians 'dicing with death' on new zebra crossing
- 6 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 7 'A lot more needs to be done' - Hitchin resident's petition for better street lighting in Westmill
- 8 Mental Health Awareness Week 2021: Students benefit from puppy power
- 9 Couple appeals to public to help find missing pension money
- 10 Marriotts School pays tribute to 'happy and vibrant' student Julia Blackham
Division One Excel won 1-0 away against Division Two side GSS while Almond Tree, also from the second division, were victims of the only shock of the day, losing 2-0 at home to Division Three Sandon.