Hitchin Sunday League: Arlesey Town still flying the flag in Beds Junior Cup
- Credit: HITCHIN SUNDAY LEAGUE
The Hitchin Sunday League’s sole survivors in the Beds Junior Cup have advanced to the next stage.
Arlesey Town were at home to Brim & Crown Athletic in the third round and eventually ran out winners in a hugely-entertaining contest, claiming a 4-3 victory.
Cups held the attention elsewhere too with the second round of the Carl Couzens Challenge Cup.
Stotfold Juniors from Division Two were at home against Division Three side FC Inter Malone and after finishing 2-2 in 90 minutes, Stotfold edged through 5-4 on penalties.
St Ippolyts faced fellow Division Two side Ashwell and won 4-2 while The Cock from Division Two had a tough away game against Vita from Division One, falling to a 7-2 defeat.
There was an all-Division One clash when Engineers Arms played host to Fairfield Park and it ended in success for the visitors by the odd goal in seven.
The Hogs Head from Division Three were at home to Hitchin Town Supporters, also from Division Three, and a solitary goal was enough for them to secure the win.
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 7 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 8 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
Division One Excel won 1-0 away against Division Two side GSS while Almond Tree, also from the second division, were victims of the only shock of the day, losing 2-0 at home to Division Three Sandon.