Hitchin Sunday League returns after blanket postponement
- Credit: HITCHIN SUNDAY LEAGUE
After the cancellations of game as a mark of respect following the death of Queen Elizabeth II, there was a full fixture list in the Hitchin Sunday League this week.
In Division One AC Malone lost 3-1 at home to The Cock while Arlesey Town had a solid 5-0 win against Buffs.
Chells Rovers picked up their first win of the season with a 2-1 success at FC Emperors Head and there was a rare defeat for Fairfield Park, going down 2-0 to Sandon.
Engineers Arms picked up another three points with a 2-1 win away against Ashwell.
FC St Johns and Coach & Horses played out a very tight game and the teams could only be separated by an Aldous Taylor goal for Johns.
FC Inter Malone won 4-0 at home to North Herts Hatters in Division Two and there were eight goals in the game between Feed Up Warm Up and Almond Tree, the latter coming out 6-2 winners.
New boys Troll Campbell collected their first win of the season with a 2-1 victory away against Lea Sports PSG while another of the league new boys North Baldock made it two wins from two games beating GSS 2-0.
- 1 Two arrests made in connection with Stevenage brawl
- 2 Possible changes to bin collections in North Herts
- 3 Player ratings: Stevenage's players assessed in the win over Harrogate
- 4 'Terrible' oil spill in Hitchin river causes multiple bird deaths
- 5 Man reportedly 'exposed himself' in front of 14-year-old girl on Thameslink train
- 6 Bid to turn Stevenage Deamer's store into betting shop
- 7 Strike to hit Thameslink on bumper day for Premier League football
- 8 Stevenage stabbings: Three men suffer life-changing injuries
- 9 Plans for more flats in Stevenage Old Town
- 10 Stevenage: Four suffer stab wounds in St Nicholas
Hitchin Rovers hit the goal trail with a 7-0 victory over Khoi Khoi while Stotfold Juniors made it three wins in a row with a 4-2 success at home against Kimpton.
Saint Evenage and Squirrel Taverners picked up a point each following a 2-2 draw.
It was a goalless and scrappy first half but substitute Evan Bennett came on and made an instant impact in the second half with a great finish from a tight angle to give Taverners the lead.
Saint Evenage then made it 1-1 before Dean Auburn slid through Sam Heron to make it 2-1 and restore Taverners’ lead.
Keith Bell then scored from a free header for Saint Evenage to make it 2-2 and give them a share of the spoils.
The final game of the day saw The Albion lose 7-0 at home against FC Kings.
Hitchin Sunday League results (September 18)
Division One: AC Malone 1 The Cock 3; Arlesey Town 5 Buffs 0; Ashwell 1 Engineers Arms 2; FC Emperors Head 1 Chells Rovers 2; Fairfield Park 0 Sandon 2.
Division Two: FC Inter Malone 4 North Herts Hatters 0; Feed Up Warm Up 2 Almond Tree 6; Lea Sports PSG 1 Troll Campbell 2; North Baldock 2 GSS 0; Hitchin Rovers 7 Khoi Khoi 0; Stotfold Juniors 4 Kimpton 2; Saint Evenage 2 Squirrel Taverners 2; The Albion 0 FC Kings 7.