Hitchin Sunday League: New Subsidiary Cup gets going as Arlesey bow out of county competition
- Credit: HITCHIN SUNDAY LEAGUE
Arlesey Town’s county cup journey ended in a cruel way - losing on penalties to St Joseph's Res.
The two teams were level 2-2 at the end of 90 pulsating minutes in the Beds Junior Cup and so went straight to a shoot-out, with the Luton side holding their nerve to win 5-4.
A new Subsidiary Cup, brought in after the league was declared null and void, began on Sunday.
It is open to teams that were knocked out in the first round of either the Carl Couzens Challenge Cup or George John Cup, with each side placed into one of four groups.
Will Payne hit a double for AC Malone in a 3-2 win over Chells Rovers, Adam Perry getting the other, and Royston United had a comfortable 8-1 victory against The Albion.
Jack Williams got the only goal as Kimpton beat Buffs, Ali Swinson putting in an impressive shift, and Fox & Duck edged out The Hogs Head by the odd goal in five.
Shephall Wednesday had a 3-1 win against North Herts Hatters thanks to one from Jamie Steele and a double for Lester Hancock.
- 1 Stevenage man sentenced for racist assault and criminal damage
- 2 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 Trial date set for pair charged with detaining two people against their will
- 5 May 17: Newly refurbed Hollywood Bowl to reopen on Monday
- 6 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 7 Dog bitten in two places at attack in playing fields
- 8 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 9 Community rallies to help couple left out of pocket after pension money goes missing
- 10 Man dies after falling ill in town centre