Hitchin Sunday League: Vita benefit from final round of fixtures
- Credit: CHRIS RADBURN/PA
Hitchin Sunday League were forced to cancel their final games prior to Christmas in the wake of the government's tier four announcement but that was not the case seven days earlier as Vita reclaimed top spot in Division One.
There was still a depleted fixture list but this time it was waterlogged pitches. It was plain sailing though for Vita thanks to a 6-2 success over Fox & Duck. FC Kings meanwhile beat BOCA Seniors 2-0.
The game between Stevenage Athletic and Excel was abandoned due to a serious injury to one of the Excel players.
In Division Two Lea Sports PSG won 3-2 win at Buffs, putting them fourth, while Almond Tree beat St Ippolyts 4-2.
Paddy Stanton and a double from Will Payne helped AC Malone to a 3-1 win over Sandon in Division Three where Coach & Horses went top thanks to a 2-1 win at FC Inter Malone.
Kimpton missed out on the chance to climb up a place, losing 3-2 to The Hogs Head, Jonny Moore and Jack Williams getting the goals.
Chells Rovers edged out Litlington Athletic 3-2 in the final game.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 6 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 7 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 10 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
There were cup matches too but Engineers crashed out of the Beds Sunday Cup and Stotfold Juniors exited the Junior Cup.