Hitchin Sunday League: Vita benefit from final round of fixtures
- Credit: CHRIS RADBURN/PA
Hitchin Sunday League were forced to cancel their final games prior to Christmas in the wake of the government's tier four announcement but that was not the case seven days earlier as Vita reclaimed top spot in Division One.
There was still a depleted fixture list but this time it was waterlogged pitches. It was plain sailing though for Vita thanks to a 6-2 success over Fox & Duck. FC Kings meanwhile beat BOCA Seniors 2-0.
The game between Stevenage Athletic and Excel was abandoned due to a serious injury to one of the Excel players.
In Division Two Lea Sports PSG won 3-2 win at Buffs, putting them fourth, while Almond Tree beat St Ippolyts 4-2.
Paddy Stanton and a double from Will Payne helped AC Malone to a 3-1 win over Sandon in Division Three where Coach & Horses went top thanks to a 2-1 win at FC Inter Malone.
Kimpton missed out on the chance to climb up a place, losing 3-2 to The Hogs Head, Jonny Moore and Jack Williams getting the goals.
Chells Rovers edged out Litlington Athletic 3-2 in the final game.
- 1 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 2 Appeal to sign petition over future of ancient woodland in Stevenage
- 3 How many people in Stevenage were fined for breaking COVID-19 laws?
- 4 SG1 regeneration officially under way as holding direction is lifted
- 5 New stewards employed to crack down on breaches of COVID-19 regulations
- 6 Man sentenced for smashing garage window, assault and drugs offences
- 7 Hitchin schoolboy Alex Kirk signs professional deal with Arsenal
- 8 'Incredible community spirit' pays for boy's medical chest brace after shock diagnosis
- 9 Do you have memories of Stevenage's Bowes Lyon skate park for history book?
- 10 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
There were cup matches too but Engineers crashed out of the Beds Sunday Cup and Stotfold Juniors exited the Junior Cup.