Hitchin come up short against OMTs
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin were put to the sword by Old Merchant Taylors’ in London One North.
Their hosts led 19-5 at the break and added another 29 points in the second period in a convincing performance.
Just eight minutes into the game Hitchin conceded a converted try before, having twice been held up at the line, they scored an unconverted try of their own through Carwyn Morgan.
OMTs hit back with five points and just before the break their winger darted down the right and cut inside to make the conversion easier.
Hitchin struggled to cope with OMTs’ backs and in the second period two unconverted tries and a converted score followed.
You may also want to watch:
A further try was then put down before another five points were added to the scoreline. Hitchin had the last word with Vinnie Kevans converting lock Nick Panton’s try.
Hitchin host Grasshoppers on Saturday.
- 1 Plans for new block of flats on Matalan site gets green light
- 2 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 3 'Please just give us the COVID-19 vaccine,' pleads headteacher as schools reopen
- 4 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 5 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 6 Body found in search for missing woman
- 7 International Women's Day: A homage to those who have inspired us this year
- 8 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 9 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in
- 10 Missing Stevenage teen found