Hitchin boys swim to success
Hitchin Boys School enjoyed a clean sweep at the recent North Herts secondary school swimming gala. All three age groups came first at Hitchin Swimming Centre. The junior team (shown above) consisted of Jamie McPherson, Tom Worbey, Yong Sung Kwon and Wil
Hitchin Boys' School enjoyed a clean sweep at the recent North Herts secondary school swimming gala.
All three age groups came first at Hitchin Swimming Centre.
The junior team (shown above) consisted of Jamie McPherson, Tom Worbey, Yong Sung Kwon and William Rodger.
The intermediate team (pictured below) was Seb De Trafford, Alex Baker, Sam Davies and Tom Hooper.
You may also want to watch:
And the senior team consisted of Lewis Rainbow, Adam Connell, Stuart Robertson, and Robbie Smith.
Head of PE, Andy McPherson, was thrilled with the success of his three teams especially as they won all of the six boys' relays which ultimately led to them winning the overall championship.
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 3 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 4 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 7 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 8 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 9 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
He said: "It's always very pleasing to see success, however, big or small, but to win all three competitions is exceptional.
"We now have a group of swimmers who have the potential to take their careers to the next level.
"This is even more remarkable as we don't do any swimming in curriculum time!