Hitchin Belles continue their fine late season form with quality performances
- Credit: HBFC
Hitchin Belles continued their footballing return with yet more strong performances and results.
The U15 Whites enjoyed a third straight win by beating Potters Bar United 3-0.
They took the lead on nine minutes, Lilly Nellis finishing off a flowing move by converting Ruby Clulow's pass, and she was involved in goal number two along with Hollie Quince, scored by Helena Saul.
Quince made it three from the penalty spot in the second half while Layla Wilkes-Gibbs was the player of the match.
The U14 Whites were involved in an incredible game that finished 8-4 in their favour against Broxbourne.
It was a great team performance but it was led by six goals from Katie Boyle.
The U12 Blues weren't so fortunate as they lost 3-1 to Oaklands Wolves. Lydia Haslam had put them ahead in the first half, the assist to Abigail Ramsey, but they undone by a strong second half from Wolves.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 7 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Arlesey school recognised with prestigious inclusion award
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
However, they were still a joy to watch with many positives and Summer Snell winning the player of the match.
The U11 Whites meanwhile enjoyed a close run game with Stevenage Starlets Gold, playing some exciting stuff.