Hitchin Belles enjoy welcome and pleasing return to action
- Credit: HITCHIN BELLES FC
Hitchin Belles have taken to the return of grassroots football like the proverbial duck with some fantastic results in the league's restart.
Chief among them was a derby day win for the ladies against their Hitchin Town counterparts.
Amy Jack scored two as did Emily Field and there was one for Amber Clark as they started their Beds & Herts Women's Cup campaign with a 5-2 success.
Joanne Harrower and Janiece Allen replied for the Canaries.
The U11 Reds were actually playing their first ever match and secured a confident 2-2 draw against Watford while the U15 Whites beat Herts Girls 3-2.
A solitary goal was enough for the U13 Whites to see off Harpenden and there was also a clean sheet for the U11 Blues in their game against Garston.
The Belles continue to grow and welcome girls of all ages to join.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 8 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 10 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
Their U14s, an established team, are especially looking for new players in school years eight and nine . They train on Mondays at Hitchin Boys School between 7pm and 8pm.
Coaches of all teams can be contacted via the website at www.hitchinbelles.com/contact