Hicks holds the aces for Harts
The Blueharts second team produced a gritty performance as they took all three points in their derby with Stevenage 1sts. A tense and scrappy first half saw few clear-cut chances as the Blueharts defence marshalled well by Devon Woolley held firm with Dan
The Blueharts second team produced a gritty performance as they took all three points in their derby with Stevenage 1sts.
A tense and scrappy first half saw few clear-cut chances as the Blueharts defence marshalled well by Devon Woolley held firm with Dan Drew and Nick Brooker combining well in midfield.
The second half saw Brooker pounce for the opener after sustained Blueharts pressure. Stevenage fought back well and gained their equaliser soon after through old boy Gary Fung.
Blueharts looked stronger as the game wore on and Phil Britton's run into the D set up a short corner from which Andy Hicks was on hand to fire home and claim the points.
Blueharts also won two other games against Stevenage.
Their thirds beat Stevenage 2nds 4-3 despite goals for Steve Scholes and Chris Strickland (two).
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 7 Stevenage make Danny Rose their fourth signing of the summer
- 8 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
Khalid Mehmood scored as Stevenage thirds were beaten 2-1 by Blueharts thirds.
Other scores: Stevenage IV 3 (Harp Mann, Ian Brown two) Vauxhall II 0; Harpenden IV 1 Stevenage V 3 (Seb Rose, Peter Simmons, Bob Cato); Stevenage VI 0 Royston V 3.