Herts ladies reach national finals
The lady bowlers from Hertfordshire are through to national finals. Six rinks of Herts ladies played Essex in the zone final of the John s Trophy. This is a national competition, played in four zones in England and on neutral county greens. The venue was
The lady bowlers from Hertfordshire are through to national finals.
Six rinks of Herts ladies played Essex in the zone final of the John's Trophy.
This is a national competition, played in four zones in England and on neutral county greens. The venue was Chesterton Bowls Club in Cambridge. The score was close throughout the match with Herts just four shots up at 10 ends, while Herts were six shots ahead of their opponents at 20 ends.
As each rink completed the final end, the scores were totalled and with only one rink left on the green, there was just two shots difference in Herts' favour. Essex only won the end by a shot so victory went to Herts by the slimmest of margins (113-112).
You may also want to watch:
Herts will now be playing in the national finals at Victoria Park, Leamington Spa, a week on Saturday (July 26) against the winning team from group one.
Both the semi-finals and finals of the John's Trophy will be played on that day.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 9 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 10 6 things to do in North Herts during the summer holidays
Pictured back row, left to right: Pat Roberts (team manager), Sue Duck, Louise Carlyle, Sue Maynard, Liz Schlatter, Jan Dean, Eileen Clements, Anne Furlong, Sue Larkins, Shirley Page, June Lonergan, Barbara Billingham, and Hazel Ottley.
Front: Michelle Van Put, Brenda Hollands, Margaret Bennion, Muriel Saunders, Daphne Pratt, Jean Emmons, president Jenny Ralph, Janet Sellek, Barbara Albrecht, Carol Brown, Mavis Hendry, Alison Hall, Shirley Pratchett, and Nicola Coombe.