Herts ladies reach national finals
The lady bowlers from Hertfordshire are through to national finals. Six rinks of Herts ladies played Essex in the zone final of the John s Trophy. This is a national competition, played in four zones in England and on neutral county greens. The venue was
The lady bowlers from Hertfordshire are through to national finals.
Six rinks of Herts ladies played Essex in the zone final of the John's Trophy.
This is a national competition, played in four zones in England and on neutral county greens. The venue was Chesterton Bowls Club in Cambridge. The score was close throughout the match with Herts just four shots up at 10 ends, while Herts were six shots ahead of their opponents at 20 ends.
As each rink completed the final end, the scores were totalled and with only one rink left on the green, there was just two shots difference in Herts' favour. Essex only won the end by a shot so victory went to Herts by the slimmest of margins (113-112).
You may also want to watch:
Herts will now be playing in the national finals at Victoria Park, Leamington Spa, a week on Saturday (July 26) against the winning team from group one.
Both the semi-finals and finals of the John's Trophy will be played on that day.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
Pictured back row, left to right: Pat Roberts (team manager), Sue Duck, Louise Carlyle, Sue Maynard, Liz Schlatter, Jan Dean, Eileen Clements, Anne Furlong, Sue Larkins, Shirley Page, June Lonergan, Barbara Billingham, and Hazel Ottley.
Front: Michelle Van Put, Brenda Hollands, Margaret Bennion, Muriel Saunders, Daphne Pratt, Jean Emmons, president Jenny Ralph, Janet Sellek, Barbara Albrecht, Carol Brown, Mavis Hendry, Alison Hall, Shirley Pratchett, and Nicola Coombe.