Herts ladies reach national finals
The lady bowlers from Hertfordshire are through to national finals. Six rinks of Herts ladies played Essex in the zone final of the John s Trophy. This is a national competition, played in four zones in England and on neutral county greens. The venue was
The lady bowlers from Hertfordshire are through to national finals.
Six rinks of Herts ladies played Essex in the zone final of the John's Trophy.
This is a national competition, played in four zones in England and on neutral county greens. The venue was Chesterton Bowls Club in Cambridge. The score was close throughout the match with Herts just four shots up at 10 ends, while Herts were six shots ahead of their opponents at 20 ends.
As each rink completed the final end, the scores were totalled and with only one rink left on the green, there was just two shots difference in Herts' favour. Essex only won the end by a shot so victory went to Herts by the slimmest of margins (113-112).
Herts will now be playing in the national finals at Victoria Park, Leamington Spa, a week on Saturday (July 26) against the winning team from group one.
Both the semi-finals and finals of the John's Trophy will be played on that day.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 7 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 8 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
Pictured back row, left to right: Pat Roberts (team manager), Sue Duck, Louise Carlyle, Sue Maynard, Liz Schlatter, Jan Dean, Eileen Clements, Anne Furlong, Sue Larkins, Shirley Page, June Lonergan, Barbara Billingham, and Hazel Ottley.
Front: Michelle Van Put, Brenda Hollands, Margaret Bennion, Muriel Saunders, Daphne Pratt, Jean Emmons, president Jenny Ralph, Janet Sellek, Barbara Albrecht, Carol Brown, Mavis Hendry, Alison Hall, Shirley Pratchett, and Nicola Coombe.