Henlow lose in the end
Treble winners Henlow fell at the final hurdle this week in their pursuit of the perfect season. Their best ever season ended in defeat on Tuesday night in their final match. They were beaten 3-0 by Beds and District League Premier Division champions Cald
Treble winners Henlow fell at the final hurdle this week in their pursuit of the perfect season.
Their best ever season ended in defeat on Tuesday night in their final match.
They were beaten 3-0 by Beds and District League Premier Division champions Caldecote in the Biggleswade Knockout Cup final at Second Meadow.
This was Henlow's third cup final of the season but it was a game too many for some tired legs.
Having already lifted the Beds Division One league title, the league cup and the Beds Junior County Cup, it was by far the most successful season in the club's 33-year history.
"It's been a fantastic season, better than we could have imagined at the start," said assistant manager Greg Hall.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 3 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 4 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 5 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 6 Assault victim left with punctured lung after Hitchin 'scuffle'
- 7 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 8 Hitchin widower's wing walk in wife's memory
- 9 Stevenage fundraising day in memory of much-loved Peter
- 10 Dog owner's grass seed warning after pet paralysed
"We won 33 of our 36 games, scoring 127 goals and conceding just 21 including 20 clean sheets.
"Caldecote proved to be just too good for us but it was good experience and gives us an idea of where we need to get to over the next couple of seasons."
Henlow will be starting a reserve side next season due to their recent success.
Any players interested in joining the club should contact either Steve Worboys on 07850 242069 or Greg Hall on 07766 536713.
They would also be interested in hearing from anyone with first aid/physio experience who would be willing to assist on Saturday afternoons.