Henlow finish fourth
Henlow finished in fourth place in the Beds League Division One after losing by eight wickets to champions Southill Park in their final match on Sunday. After only posting 150 all out in 42.1 overs, Henlow could not stop their visitors reaching their targ
Henlow finished in fourth place in the Beds League Division One after losing by eight wickets to champions Southill Park in their final match on Sunday.
After only posting 150 all out in 42.1 overs, Henlow could not stop their visitors reaching their target in 26 overs for the loss of two wickets.
The seconds are relegated from Division Three after the final round of matches. Chasing Flitwick second team's 215-7 in 40 overs, Henlow were too slow in the early stages and closed on 155-8.
Henlow seconds, already assured of promotion, are waiting to see if they will be crowned champions of the Millman Saturday Three.
You may also want to watch:
Second place Cople Argus have two games remaining to retrieve a 50-point deficit.
Henlow thrashed their Biggleswade counterparts by nine wickets in their final match after Wayne Bilcock (5-23 in nine overs) helped bowl them out for 126 in 39 overs. Henlow got home in 15.4 overs thanks to Merrick Baltruschat (46) and the swashbuckling Charlie Jones (60no).
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 5 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 6 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 7 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 8 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 10 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?