Hedgehogs hold an open day
Hitchin Rugby Club will be holding its annual open day for aspiring youngsters this month. It is on Sunday, September 14, from 10am at King George V Playing Fields, off Old Hale Way. The Hedgehogs are keen to build on their success of last season. The fir
Hitchin Rugby Club will be holding its annual open day for aspiring youngsters this month.
It is on Sunday, September 14, from 10am at King George V Playing Fields, off Old Hale Way.
The Hedgehogs are keen to build on their success of last season.
The first XV gained promotion, the ladies finished runners-up in the Herts Sevens competition, the under-17s won their league, and the mini and youth section were presented with the Fair Play Award at the St Neots rugby festival.
But it is not all about winning and the mini and youth section exists to make rugby available to everyone, boys and girls from five to 19 years, regardless of ability or fitness.
Pop down to the club a week on Sunday where hot drinks and bacon rolls will be available from 10am and the bar and barbecue will be open from midday.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 5 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 6 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 7 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 8 Robbie O'Keefe leaves Stevenage after 11 years
- 9 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 10 Grant Shapps MP: 'We are revolutionising rail travel'
It is a day for the whole family, to watch or to join in. Children should just turn up with some sports kit and have a great time finding out about rugby - no rugby knowledge necessary.
For further information, visit the website www.hitchinrfc.com or call Tim Jeffries (chairman) on 01763 287460 (evenings).