Hedgehogs hold an open day
Hitchin Rugby Club will be holding its annual open day for aspiring youngsters this month. It is on Sunday, September 14, from 10am at King George V Playing Fields, off Old Hale Way. The Hedgehogs are keen to build on their success of last season. The fir
Hitchin Rugby Club will be holding its annual open day for aspiring youngsters this month.
It is on Sunday, September 14, from 10am at King George V Playing Fields, off Old Hale Way.
The Hedgehogs are keen to build on their success of last season.
The first XV gained promotion, the ladies finished runners-up in the Herts Sevens competition, the under-17s won their league, and the mini and youth section were presented with the Fair Play Award at the St Neots rugby festival.
You may also want to watch:
But it is not all about winning and the mini and youth section exists to make rugby available to everyone, boys and girls from five to 19 years, regardless of ability or fitness.
Pop down to the club a week on Sunday where hot drinks and bacon rolls will be available from 10am and the bar and barbecue will be open from midday.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
It is a day for the whole family, to watch or to join in. Children should just turn up with some sports kit and have a great time finding out about rugby - no rugby knowledge necessary.
For further information, visit the website www.hitchinrfc.com or call Tim Jeffries (chairman) on 01763 287460 (evenings).