Hedgehogs hold an open day
Hitchin Rugby Club will be holding its annual open day for aspiring youngsters this month. It is on Sunday, September 14, from 10am at King George V Playing Fields, off Old Hale Way. The Hedgehogs are keen to build on their success of last season. The fir
Hitchin Rugby Club will be holding its annual open day for aspiring youngsters this month.
It is on Sunday, September 14, from 10am at King George V Playing Fields, off Old Hale Way.
The Hedgehogs are keen to build on their success of last season.
The first XV gained promotion, the ladies finished runners-up in the Herts Sevens competition, the under-17s won their league, and the mini and youth section were presented with the Fair Play Award at the St Neots rugby festival.
You may also want to watch:
But it is not all about winning and the mini and youth section exists to make rugby available to everyone, boys and girls from five to 19 years, regardless of ability or fitness.
Pop down to the club a week on Sunday where hot drinks and bacon rolls will be available from 10am and the bar and barbecue will be open from midday.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 8 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Praise for hat-trick hero Codi Lee-Spavins from delighted Stotfold boss
It is a day for the whole family, to watch or to join in. Children should just turn up with some sports kit and have a great time finding out about rugby - no rugby knowledge necessary.
For further information, visit the website www.hitchinrfc.com or call Tim Jeffries (chairman) on 01763 287460 (evenings).