Hay brings in six new faces
DARRAN Hay has made good on his promise to make changes at Hitchin Town by signing six new players. Colin Shambrook, signed from Stotfold, is expected to make his debut for the Canaries in a fortnight after recovering from a knee injury, but the five other newcomers
DARRAN Hay has made good on his promise to make changes at Hitchin Town by signing six new players.
Stotfold's Colin Shambrook is expected to make his debut for the Canaries in a fortnight after recovering from a knee injury, but the five other newcomers will all be included in the squad to face Mangotsfield this weekend.
Left back Darrell Ellams returns to Top Field on a month's loan from Wycombe Wanderers.
His spell at Hitchin last season was curtailed through injury so he'll be hoping to get more minutes on the pitch during this spell.
You may also want to watch:
Young centre back Marcus Rose and left winger Chris Doyle, both from Barnet, have also signed for Hay, as has goalkeeper Luke Howard from Cambridge City.
Veteran Des Boatend has also joined the Hitchin revolution after a much-travelled career that has seen him run out for Woking and Welling United among others.
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 6 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 7 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 8 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 9 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
To make way for his new recruits, Hay has got rid of Lee Wilson, Marlon Campbell, Tyron Sealey, Ian Draycott and Rodney Hicks in recent days in what Town itself called the Hay Purge.