Hay brings in six new faces
DARRAN Hay has made good on his promise to make changes at Hitchin Town by signing six new players. Colin Shambrook, signed from Stotfold, is expected to make his debut for the Canaries in a fortnight after recovering from a knee injury, but the five other newcomers
DARRAN Hay has made good on his promise to make changes at Hitchin Town by signing six new players.
Stotfold's Colin Shambrook is expected to make his debut for the Canaries in a fortnight after recovering from a knee injury, but the five other newcomers will all be included in the squad to face Mangotsfield this weekend.
Left back Darrell Ellams returns to Top Field on a month's loan from Wycombe Wanderers.
His spell at Hitchin last season was curtailed through injury so he'll be hoping to get more minutes on the pitch during this spell.
You may also want to watch:
Young centre back Marcus Rose and left winger Chris Doyle, both from Barnet, have also signed for Hay, as has goalkeeper Luke Howard from Cambridge City.
Veteran Des Boatend has also joined the Hitchin revolution after a much-travelled career that has seen him run out for Woking and Welling United among others.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 8 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
To make way for his new recruits, Hay has got rid of Lee Wilson, Marlon Campbell, Tyron Sealey, Ian Draycott and Rodney Hicks in recent days in what Town itself called the Hay Purge.