Hay brings in six new faces
DARRAN Hay has made good on his promise to make changes at Hitchin Town by signing six new players. Colin Shambrook, signed from Stotfold, is expected to make his debut for the Canaries in a fortnight after recovering from a knee injury, but the five other newcomers
DARRAN Hay has made good on his promise to make changes at Hitchin Town by signing six new players.
Stotfold's Colin Shambrook is expected to make his debut for the Canaries in a fortnight after recovering from a knee injury, but the five other newcomers will all be included in the squad to face Mangotsfield this weekend.
Left back Darrell Ellams returns to Top Field on a month's loan from Wycombe Wanderers.
His spell at Hitchin last season was curtailed through injury so he'll be hoping to get more minutes on the pitch during this spell.
Young centre back Marcus Rose and left winger Chris Doyle, both from Barnet, have also signed for Hay, as has goalkeeper Luke Howard from Cambridge City.
Veteran Des Boatend has also joined the Hitchin revolution after a much-travelled career that has seen him run out for Woking and Welling United among others.
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 7 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 8 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
To make way for his new recruits, Hay has got rid of Lee Wilson, Marlon Campbell, Tyron Sealey, Ian Draycott and Rodney Hicks in recent days in what Town itself called the Hay Purge.