Have you got what it takes?
Talented youngsters in North Herts have the opportunity to receive support in their bid for sporting excellence. The Elite Athlete Support Programme, launched in October 2006, is a joint venture between the Herts Sports Partnership, Lee Valley Regional Pa
Talented youngsters in North Herts have the opportunity to receive support in their bid for sporting excellence.
The Elite Athlete Support Programme, launched in October 2006, is a joint venture between the Herts Sports Partnership, Lee Valley Regional Park Authority and the University of Hertfordshire.
The English Institute of Sport fully supports the programme and helps with selection of athletes and programme delivery.
So far, 23 young talented athletes have benefited from being part of this programme. Each has received support services to the tune of £800, free of charge.
The benefits to each athlete include:
* Individual nutrition consultations.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
* Physiotherapy assessments.
* Individual and group training sessions with a strength and conditioning coach.
* Performance lifestyle advice.
* Free annual membership to the Herts Sports Village.
Due to its success, this will continue for a third year, with some packages offering up to £1,000 worth of support.
Athletes who would like to be considered for the programme can attend an information evening which will explain the new packages available.
They will be held at the University of Hertfordshire at Hatfield on Tuesday, May 20, and Thursday, June 5 (both 7-8.30pm).
Applicants need to be aged between 13-18 years (on September 1, 2008) and must be at national standard in their sport. If you would like to attend, email Fiona Deans on email@example.com stating which date you will be attending and how many people will be coming with you.