Have you got what it takes?
Talented youngsters in North Herts have the opportunity to receive support in their bid for sporting excellence. The Elite Athlete Support Programme, launched in October 2006, is a joint venture between the Herts Sports Partnership, Lee Valley Regional Pa
Talented youngsters in North Herts have the opportunity to receive support in their bid for sporting excellence.
The Elite Athlete Support Programme, launched in October 2006, is a joint venture between the Herts Sports Partnership, Lee Valley Regional Park Authority and the University of Hertfordshire.
The English Institute of Sport fully supports the programme and helps with selection of athletes and programme delivery.
So far, 23 young talented athletes have benefited from being part of this programme. Each has received support services to the tune of £800, free of charge.
You may also want to watch:
The benefits to each athlete include:
* Individual nutrition consultations.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
- 10 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
* Physiotherapy assessments.
* Individual and group training sessions with a strength and conditioning coach.
* Performance lifestyle advice.
* Free annual membership to the Herts Sports Village.
Due to its success, this will continue for a third year, with some packages offering up to £1,000 worth of support.
Athletes who would like to be considered for the programme can attend an information evening which will explain the new packages available.
They will be held at the University of Hertfordshire at Hatfield on Tuesday, May 20, and Thursday, June 5 (both 7-8.30pm).
Applicants need to be aged between 13-18 years (on September 1, 2008) and must be at national standard in their sport. If you would like to attend, email Fiona Deans on email@example.com stating which date you will be attending and how many people will be coming with you.