Harts waste their chance
Blueharts could only share four goals with Cambridge City in a game which was there for the taking. A dismal second-half performance saw Harts score an equaliser late on to make it 2-2. After earlier goals from Mike Oliver and Paul Buckland, Will Tomsett
Blueharts could only share four goals with Cambridge City in a game which was there for the taking.
A dismal second-half performance saw Harts score an equaliser late on to make it 2-2.
After earlier goals from Mike Oliver and Paul Buckland, Will Tomsett failed to score from in front of an open goal in the last minute.
Goals from Oscar Fas, Phil Britton and Nick Buckland guided the seconds to a 3-1 victory over Upminster firsts but Tom Morey's serious ankle injury took a gloss off the result.
You may also want to watch:
Morey had to be carried off during the first half but it did not hinder the home side as they took a 2-0 advantage into the break.
Upminster pulled one back after the restart, before Blueharts added a third as they dominated the last 15 minutes.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
Other results: Blueharts III 2 Bedford III 2, Blueharts IV 10 Bedford IV 1; Blueharts V 2 Stevenage III 4.
Stevenage were beaten 2-0 away at Winchmore Hill and Enfield.
It all went wrong for the visitors after 12 minutes when forward Gary Brown twisted his knee in a brave challenge which will rule him out for the rest of the year and left Stevenage fielding just 10 players for the remainder of the match.
Goals in each half saw brave Stevenage resistance ended.
The seconds lost 6-1 to their Bedford Town counterparts despite a goal for Ian Wilcock.
Other results: Blueharts V 2 Stevenage III 4 (Khalid Mehmood, Nick Crocker, Tom Bruck); Stevenage IV 2 (Danny Hanslow, Aaron Swartz) Southgate Adelaide II 4; Rickmansworth IV 3 Stevenage V 2 (JP Allion, Kev Wharton); Stevenage VI 0 Potters Bar III 6.
MBDA again succeeded in packing in a season's worth of action and drama into 70 minutes.
They shared the points from a 3-3 draw away at Luton Town thirds.
MBDA managed to gain the advantage, with a short corner, scored by main striker Paul Lawman.
Luton then scored twice in quick succession and added a third after the break.
A lifeline was provided by a penalty flick, which Lawman dispatched with consummate ease.
MBDA's perseverance paid off as they won a short corner late on which was bundled in by Austin Mahoney within a crowded D.