Harts lose at league leaders
Blueharts travelled to league leaders Harleston Magpies and were beaten 4-0. An understrength side fought hard in the first half and went into the break all square. But the second half was a different story as Harts were totally outplayed, conceding three
Blueharts travelled to league leaders Harleston Magpies and were beaten 4-0.
An understrength side fought hard in the first half and went into the break all square.
But the second half was a different story as Harts were totally outplayed, conceding three goals from short corners and one from open play.
The second team had their game cancelled due to an umpire not turning up.
Letchworth were involved in a 12-goal thriller against Ford, eventually winning 7-5.
Kevin Smith scored a consolation as Letchworth went down 7-1 at Ipswich in the Men's Veterans' HA Cup second round.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 3 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 4 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 5 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 6 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 7 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 8 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 9 Thousands set to bring out the bunting for Jubilee thanks to grant funding
- 10 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
Other scores: Letch II 4 Rickmansworth 3; Letch III 0 Hertford II 0; Letch IV 1 Bishop's Stortford IV 4; Letch V 1 (Gary Pond) Stevenage V 2; Letch VI 2 (Andy Stroomer two) Stevenage VI 2.
Stevenage won by the odd goal in three at home to Old Southendians.
Other scores: Harpenden II 1 Stevenage II 1 (Taylor); Stevenage III 11 (Mann four, Siggins hat-trick, Swift two, Mehmood two) West Herts V 1; Welwyn Garden City IV 2 Stevenage IV 3 (Ian Brown two, Wallace); Stevenage V 2 (Trussell, Olly Brown) Letchworth V 1; Letchworth VI 2 Stevenage VI 2 (Howe, Chris Hall).
MBDA were undeservedly thrashed 5-0 by leaders Bishop's Stortford 5ths.
Three goals came in the first half, all from poorly taken short corners.
On the stroke of half-time, a controversial moment denied MBDA a goal as a short corner was unfairly disallowed. Their complaints saw two rapid yellow cards.
Nine-man MBDA played some great hockey at this stage but it was far too late.
Stortford finally began to look like potential champions in the last 15 minutes, crashing in two more goals.