Gym boys make final
It was the turn of the boys from Marriotts Gym Club to compete at Ipswich in the regional grades final. Top performance came from Jack Maydom who took the gold medal in the intermediate one grade. He was closely followed in silver medal position by fellow
It was the turn of the boys from Marriotts Gym Club to compete at Ipswich in the regional grades final.
Top performance came from Jack Maydom who took the gold medal in the intermediate one grade.
He was closely followed in silver medal position by fellow Marriotts gymnast Andrew Henry, just 0.3 of a mark behind.
In the intermediate two level, Daniel Gardner finished with bronze.
You may also want to watch:
In the national development plan primary grades, there was further success.
Alex Carrier took bronze in the primary three grade, Zoli Andrews finished in fourth and Ben Drew sixth. In primary four, Kye Rowe, competing in his first competition, finished 11th overall.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
In the elite grade level, Billy Evans was seventh in the over-eight and under-nine section, while Sebastian Jaunzens took a fine bronze medal in the under-11 section.
Most of the Marriotts boys have qualified for the national finals in Newcastle at the beginning of May.
There is no rest for the boys as they will be involved again this weekend in the London Open competition.