MARRIOTTS Gymnastics Club had one of it s most successful days at the regional levels finals at Ipswich on Saturday. The regional finals bring together gymnasts from the county finals in the six counties of the Eastern Region. The top three gymnasts from
MARRIOTTS Gymnastics Club had one of it's most successful days at the regional levels finals at Ipswich on Saturday.
The regional finals bring together gymnasts from the county finals in the six counties of the Eastern Region.
The top three gymnasts from each of the county finals are eligible to go forward to the regional finals. The levels are based on the national competition structure at level 4, 3 and 2 and are in different age ranges.
Seven of the club's gymnasts had qualified through to the finals by finishing in the first three in their competition level in the recent County Championship, and all of them came away with medals at the regional finals making Marriotts the most successful club on the day.
In the level 4 finals, Anne Rees took an excellent silver in the 14-year-old and over competition. In the 12/13 year competition, Jessica Barfoot took silver and Lucy Young the bronze medal.
Top performance at level 4, however, came from Olivia Harry who won gold medal in the 10/11 year old age group scoring top marks in her competition on all pieces of apparatus. Olivia's performance was all the more remarkable considering that Marriotts' gymnasts had won this age group in the previous three years.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 8 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 9 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
In the next level up, there was even more success with Lauren Doherty adding to her county title by taking gold and the 13 and over level 3 age group.
In the 11/12 year old level 3 competition Marriotts' gymnasts Katie Bell and Maddison Maranian took gold and silver respectively, reversing their positions in the county final. In third place in this level was another former Marriotts gymnast Chloe Webb, now at Huntingdon Gym Club.
The gymnasts' coaches, Svetlana Lebiadzinskaya, Tracey Royle and Lee Crook were delighted with the performances.