Great day for FVS TRI
FVS TRI won every race at the latest Sunday Cross Country League fixture at Southgate. They also boasted the biggest club turnout on the day as 38 of their athletes competed in traditionally the least popular League fixture the week before Christmas. St
FVS TRI won every race at the latest Sunday Cross Country League fixture at Southgate.
They also boasted the biggest club turnout on the day as 38 of their athletes competed in traditionally the least popular League fixture the week before Christmas.
Steve Harrison consolidated his lead in the individual competition with a win over the five-mile course leading in the eight man A team of Simon Hall, Gavin May, James Grierson, Brian White, James Bedford, Dil Wetherill and Pete Bardell. The 'A' team now also lead the overall competition.
Jane Chappell was first home for the women leading the A team of cross country first timer Suzy Hawkins (Female Triathlete of The Year 2008), Gemma Sargent, Sam Tophill and Jackie Perry and they now lead the women's competition.
You may also want to watch:
The combined results of men and women's races go towards the overall League Trophy which is now headed by FVS TRI, who are trying to win the League for the first time having been runner up in the previous five attempts.
The Men's B Team of Steffan Ford, Pete Ryan, Richard Allen, Andy Mussett, Tim Gilbert (cross country first timer), Jon Gillham, Jeremy Lintott and Pete Eames won the B race on the day and now lead the overall B Team League.
- 1 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 2 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 7 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return
- 8 New woodland 'vital for wildlife and people' in Letchworth
- 9 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 10 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
Both veterans' teams won on the day and also now lead in their respective competitions.
Newest member Anna Holden and Karen Parnell also joined the ranks of cross country first timers and vow to be back for the next fixture at Royston on January 4.