Goldsmith sparkles for Henlow
Wayne Goldsmith fell just eight short of a century as Henlow won by 32 runs against Dunstable seconds in the Beds League Division One on Sunday. Goldsmith s 92 was supported by Jordan Cleghorn (34) and Matt Hicks (41) as Henlow amassed 232-7 in their 46 o
Wayne Goldsmith fell just eight short of a century as Henlow won by 32 runs against Dunstable seconds in the Beds League Division One on Sunday.
Goldsmith's 92 was supported by Jordan Cleghorn (34) and Matt Hicks (41) as Henlow amassed 232-7 in their 46 overs. Dunstable were bowled out in the last over for exactly 200, skipper Krish Canagasabey taking 3-46 in his 10 overs.
The seconds will have to rely on other results if they are to remain in Dvision Three for another season. This is despite beating their counterparts from Eggington Foresters by 130 runs.
Henlow totalled an imposing 272-6 thanks to a half century from James Chudley (53) and an unbeaten seventh wicket partnership of 74 between wicketkeeper Ashley Dunn (67no) and Andy Gordon (25no).
You may also want to watch:
Eggington were hustled out for 142 with wickets for Ricky Chamberlain (4-26), Chudley (3-23) and Luke Peters (2-36).
- 1 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem