Goldsmith sparkles for Henlow
Wayne Goldsmith fell just eight short of a century as Henlow won by 32 runs against Dunstable seconds in the Beds League Division One on Sunday. Goldsmith s 92 was supported by Jordan Cleghorn (34) and Matt Hicks (41) as Henlow amassed 232-7 in their 46 o
Wayne Goldsmith fell just eight short of a century as Henlow won by 32 runs against Dunstable seconds in the Beds League Division One on Sunday.
Goldsmith's 92 was supported by Jordan Cleghorn (34) and Matt Hicks (41) as Henlow amassed 232-7 in their 46 overs. Dunstable were bowled out in the last over for exactly 200, skipper Krish Canagasabey taking 3-46 in his 10 overs.
The seconds will have to rely on other results if they are to remain in Dvision Three for another season. This is despite beating their counterparts from Eggington Foresters by 130 runs.
Henlow totalled an imposing 272-6 thanks to a half century from James Chudley (53) and an unbeaten seventh wicket partnership of 74 between wicketkeeper Ashley Dunn (67no) and Andy Gordon (25no).
You may also want to watch:
Eggington were hustled out for 142 with wickets for Ricky Chamberlain (4-26), Chudley (3-23) and Luke Peters (2-36).
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 10 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits