AFC Kempston 0 Stotfold 8 Stotfold went goal crazy once again in this rearranged league fixture at their Bedfordshire rivals. The first match in November was abandoned due to floodlight failure with the Rokermen one short of double figures with little mor
AFC Kempston 0 Stotfold 8
Stotfold went goal crazy once again in this rearranged league fixture at their Bedfordshire rivals.
The first match in November was abandoned due to floodlight failure with the Rokermen one short of double figures with little more than an hour played.
Stotfold finished with eight on Saturday after Paul Garrett blasted in the first goal on four minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Ricky Case's cross from the right flew over Joel Mason in the middle and was met on the left-hand side by Garrett running into the box.
Case and Lee Allinson both had good chances stopped by Chris Williscroft - son of Stotfold physio Ian - in the Kempston goal.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
Tawhid Juneja picked out Case, running into the box from the right, who placed his shot under the keeper for the second on 24 minutes.
Ian Aspin's clumsy challenge on Paul Donnelly, as he ran towards the box, was punished by a free-kick in the D, which Allinson expertly curled round the wall and into the back of the net three minutes later.
After wasting a great one-on-one opportunity a few minutes earlier, Dan Douglas made up for it by getting the last goal of the half on 42 minutes.
Case hooked the ball back into the box from the byline, and with Garrett and Allinson both jumping for it in the middle, it fell to Douglas to head in from close range at the post.
Four more goals followed after the break with the first 20 minutes of the half seeing Allinson scuff a shot wide, Case's blasted volley deflected wide and Brad Gillham stop Keith Brady's shot from distance.
Garrett knocked in his second on 67 minutes after Douglas headed down Allinson's cross from the right at the far post.
After coming on a few minutes earlier, Callum Donnelly made it 6-0 a quarter of an hour from time, squeezing his low shot in after being put through on the right.
Douglas calmly side footed in the seventh after Allinson was put through by Callum Donnelly and his shot at the keeper fell for Douglas at the far post.
Mason finally got himself a goal after having a good strike a few minutes earlier pushed wide when he headed in Callum Donnelly's corner in the 83rd minute to round off the scoring.
Rokermen: Gillham, Bryant, P Donnelly, Shambrook (Hull), Juneja, Douglas, Case, L Donnelly (Lee), Mason, Allinson, Garrett (C Donnelly).