Girls on form for Hornets
TWO new Hornets still have Thunder in their hearts. Over the summer, the two girl players from Stevenage Boro Juniors under-10s Thunder, Emma Tyler and Amy Radford, trialled for Watford and were duly accepted. The girls were hand picked and from an origin
TWO new Hornets still have Thunder in their hearts.
Over the summer, the two girl players from Stevenage Boro Juniors under-10s Thunder, Emma Tyler and Amy Radford, trialled for Watford and were duly accepted.
The girls were hand picked and from an original 50 triallists, went on to make it into the final squad of 10.
Watford have so far won against the girls from Fulham, MK Dons, Brighton and Millwall. Emma has scored four goals so far, while Amy broke her duck against Millwall in an 8-2 win.
Thunder manager Steve Watkins said: "We are really proud of both girls who have always shown great ability and potential. It is great to see them doing so well.
"Emma still plays for us on a Sunday, performing brilliantly, and is our vice-captain. Amy no longer plays for us but we still keep in touch and needless to say, we will keep tabs on both girls' progress as they develop their games."
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 7 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 8 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
Emma has been playing for Thunder since she was five, while Amy only joined a team for the first time at the start of last season.