George and Dragon win
The Hitchin Sunday Football League THERE were just three games involving Hitchin Sunday League clubs at the weekend. George and Dragon hosted Briery FC in the fifth round of the Herts Sunday Junior Cup and eased into the next round with a 4-0 success. The
The Hitchin Sunday Football League
THERE were just three games involving Hitchin Sunday League clubs at the weekend.
George and Dragon hosted Briery FC in the fifth round of the Herts Sunday Junior Cup and eased into the next round with a 4-0 success.
Their goalscorers were Danny Bennett, Michael Mabbitt, Scott Beeke and Mark Nunn.
You may also want to watch:
In the Premier Division, The George Hitchin scored four second-half goals to secure a 5-1 victory at home to Engineers Henlow.
Trevor Long (two), James Brewster, Ricky Day and Negus Johnson scored for the Hitchin side while Steve Winch replied for the Engineers.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
In the first round of the Premier Division Cup, AC Malone progressed 5-4 on penalties at Stotfold Sunday.
The preceding 120 minutes of football had finished 1-1, Kyle Stephenson with the goal for Malone.
* Compiled by Leighton Machin.
Sunday, January 21
Premier Division: The George Hitchin 5 Engineers Henlow 1.
Herts Sunday Junior Cup round five: George and Dragon 4 Briery 0.
Premier Division Cup round one: Stotfold Sunday 4 AC Malone 5.
All other games postponed.
Sunday, January 28
Premier Division: The George Hitchin v Kcinsatop.
Division One: AEK Letchworth v SMU, HTS Barleycorn Res v Ocean's Eleven.
Division Two: Dynamo Letchworth v George and Dragon, AC Malone Res v Radcliffe Arms, The Five Bells v Paynes Park.
Beds Sunday Centenary Cup quarter-final: Shillington v Stopsley Common.
Challenge Cup round one: Whitwell v Red Star ICL, Cannon v Broadmead.
George John Memorial Trophy round two: North Herts Hatters v PJ Hitchin, HTS Barleycorn v Bar Absolute.
Premier Division Cup round one: Stotfold Sunday v AC Malone.
Division One Cup round two: Angels Reply v Offley Parish, Crown Stotfold v Cannon Res, Wanderers v Kcinsatop Res, Walsworth v Whitwell Res.
Division Two Cup round two: Baldock Sunday v The Park, Wilbury v Wanderers Res.