Garrett keeps Rokermen on course for title
Bourne 0 Stotfold 2 Stotfold endured 65 minutes of frustration before earning another win to keep them firmly in control at the top of the UCL Premier Division. Paul Garrett went close on six minutes when his shot was pushed up on to the crossbar by keep
Bourne 0 Stotfold 2
Stotfold endured 65 minutes of frustration before earning another win to keep them firmly in control at the top of the UCL Premier Division.
Paul Garrett went close on six minutes when his shot was pushed up on to the crossbar by keeper Arran Bellairs.
Joel Mason tried a chip from the edge of the box but put the ball wide while Luke Donnelly's shot from the edge of the box was comfortably stopped by Bellairs.
You may also want to watch:
The home team's chances were limited to a couple of shots with John Currall's strike well held by Brad Gillham on 18 minutes.
Two good chances near the end of the half could have opened the Stotfold account.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 6 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 7 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 8 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 9 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
Luke Donnelly's flicked-on header from a corner just skipped away from Tawhid Juneja at the far post.
And Mason, with his back to goal, had his shot on the turn blocked by Billy Sparks two minutes later.
Ricky Case came on at the end of the half after Paul Bryant twisted his ankle, pushing Luke Donnelly into defence for the rest of the match.
A good one-two between Garrett and Louis Lee on the left at the start of the second half was delivered into the box but Case was just beaten to the ball by some good defending.
Callum Donnelly also missed a good opportunity when Lee Allinson sent him on his way down the right but his shot flew over the bar.
Garrett broke the deadlock after Mason's work down the right and ball into the box picked him out to stab the ball in past Bellairs on 65 minutes.
Case should have effectively finished the game off two minutes later when his good run into the box resulted in a poor shot wide.
This missed chance was almost punished when Alex Robinson beat the back line but fired wide of the target shortly afterwards.
Mason's heavy touch from a Garrett pass took the ball too close to the home keeper on 81 minutes.
Case sealed all three points a minute from time when his shot from Dan Douglas' cross from the left took a slight deflection off Jason Gough.
Rokermen: Gillham, Bryant (Case), Donnelly, Hull, Juneja, Lee, C Donnelly (A Fehmi), L Donnelly, Mason (Douglas), Allinson, Garrett.