Garrett keeps Rokermen on course for title
Bourne 0 Stotfold 2 Stotfold endured 65 minutes of frustration before earning another win to keep them firmly in control at the top of the UCL Premier Division. Paul Garrett went close on six minutes when his shot was pushed up on to the crossbar by keep
Bourne 0 Stotfold 2
Stotfold endured 65 minutes of frustration before earning another win to keep them firmly in control at the top of the UCL Premier Division.
Paul Garrett went close on six minutes when his shot was pushed up on to the crossbar by keeper Arran Bellairs.
Joel Mason tried a chip from the edge of the box but put the ball wide while Luke Donnelly's shot from the edge of the box was comfortably stopped by Bellairs.
The home team's chances were limited to a couple of shots with John Currall's strike well held by Brad Gillham on 18 minutes.
Two good chances near the end of the half could have opened the Stotfold account.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 9 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
Luke Donnelly's flicked-on header from a corner just skipped away from Tawhid Juneja at the far post.
And Mason, with his back to goal, had his shot on the turn blocked by Billy Sparks two minutes later.
Ricky Case came on at the end of the half after Paul Bryant twisted his ankle, pushing Luke Donnelly into defence for the rest of the match.
A good one-two between Garrett and Louis Lee on the left at the start of the second half was delivered into the box but Case was just beaten to the ball by some good defending.
Callum Donnelly also missed a good opportunity when Lee Allinson sent him on his way down the right but his shot flew over the bar.
Garrett broke the deadlock after Mason's work down the right and ball into the box picked him out to stab the ball in past Bellairs on 65 minutes.
Case should have effectively finished the game off two minutes later when his good run into the box resulted in a poor shot wide.
This missed chance was almost punished when Alex Robinson beat the back line but fired wide of the target shortly afterwards.
Mason's heavy touch from a Garrett pass took the ball too close to the home keeper on 81 minutes.
Case sealed all three points a minute from time when his shot from Dan Douglas' cross from the left took a slight deflection off Jason Gough.
Rokermen: Gillham, Bryant (Case), Donnelly, Hull, Juneja, Lee, C Donnelly (A Fehmi), L Donnelly, Mason (Douglas), Allinson, Garrett.