Gallery: Hatton and Bruno visit Stevenage
KING of the ring Ricky Hatton was a knockout on a recent visit to Stevenage. The Hitman certainly kept his audience enthralled when he took centre stage at the Gordon Craig Theatre. He is currently taking a break from boxing and this saw his debut as a th
KING of the ring Ricky Hatton was a knockout on a recent visit to Stevenage.
The Hitman certainly kept his audience enthralled when he took centre stage at the Gordon Craig Theatre.
He is currently taking a break from boxing and this saw his debut as a theatre entertainer.
Supported by Frank Bruno in an event jointly promoted by Stevenage Boro Football Club and A1 Sporting Speakers last Wednesday, Ricky showed true class when telling fresh gags and stories of his career in the ring.
You may also want to watch:
With more than 700 in the audience, he showed no sign of nerves, even when a lager-fuelled heckler attempted to disrupt his routine!
After the show, Ricky made a surprise visit to the Chicago Rock Café on the leisure park, mingling with the customers, and posing for photographs as well as signing autographs.
- 1 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 2 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 5 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 6 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 7 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 8 Vandals 'jump on car' causing damage in Letchworth
- 9 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 10 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
* The winner of the competition run in The Comet to attend the evening was Brian Stapleton from Shephall Way in Stevenage.