Gallery: Hatton and Bruno visit Stevenage
KING of the ring Ricky Hatton was a knockout on a recent visit to Stevenage. The Hitman certainly kept his audience enthralled when he took centre stage at the Gordon Craig Theatre. He is currently taking a break from boxing and this saw his debut as a th
KING of the ring Ricky Hatton was a knockout on a recent visit to Stevenage.
The Hitman certainly kept his audience enthralled when he took centre stage at the Gordon Craig Theatre.
He is currently taking a break from boxing and this saw his debut as a theatre entertainer.
Supported by Frank Bruno in an event jointly promoted by Stevenage Boro Football Club and A1 Sporting Speakers last Wednesday, Ricky showed true class when telling fresh gags and stories of his career in the ring.
With more than 700 in the audience, he showed no sign of nerves, even when a lager-fuelled heckler attempted to disrupt his routine!
After the show, Ricky made a surprise visit to the Chicago Rock Café on the leisure park, mingling with the customers, and posing for photographs as well as signing autographs.
- 1 Rishi Sunak visits Stevenage as £900m investment in life sciences campus announced
- 2 Terminally ill Ricky's 'Costa Del Nidge' pool party to help others
- 3 Stevenage teenagers charged following incident at The Hyde
- 4 14-year-old Stevenage girl missing
- 5 Hitchin & Harpenden MP Bim Afolami resigns as Tory vice chair live on air
- 6 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Have your say on TK Maxx plans to move store out of town centre
- 9 North East Herts MP declares 'loss of confidence' in PM
- 10 Nursery with 'unrivalled passion' marks 80th anniversary
* The winner of the competition run in The Comet to attend the evening was Brian Stapleton from Shephall Way in Stevenage.