Gallery: Athletics Junior Championships
A new dawn has arrived this year for schools athletics in Comet country. The first senior athletics championships (Years 11, 12 and 13) took place in April, while a new format for the junior championships (Years Seven-10) came in last Wednesday at Ridlin
A new dawn has arrived this year for schools' athletics in Comet country.
The first senior athletics championships (Years 11, 12 and 13) took place in April, while a new format for the junior championships (Years Seven-10) came in last Wednesday at Ridlins.
The two North Herts Schools' Athletics Championships were extremely successful with outstanding performances across all the schools.
More than 1,000 athletes took part in a well organised event for the younger ones thanks to the organising committee, teachers and helpers.
The overall 'Grand Prix' title for best co-educational school went to Greneway/Meridian with St Francis' College winning the small schools' cup.
Frances Maydom from Hitchin Girls' School won The Comet Cup for the best overall performance.
- 1 Rishi Sunak visits Stevenage as £900m investment in life sciences campus announced
- 2 Terminally ill Ricky's 'Costa Del Nidge' pool party to help others
- 3 Stevenage teenagers charged following incident at The Hyde
- 4 14-year-old Stevenage girl missing
- 5 Hitchin & Harpenden MP Bim Afolami resigns as Tory vice chair live on air
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 8 North East Herts MP declares 'loss of confidence' in PM
- 9 Have your say on TK Maxx plans to move store out of town centre
- 10 Nursery with 'unrivalled passion' marks 80th anniversary
She was a double winner including setting a new championship best.
Grand Prix: 1 Greneway/Meridian 1114pts, 2 Knights Templar 1093, 3 Fearnhill 940.
Small schools' cup (schools with fewer than 400 children): 1 St Francis' College 500pts, 2 Princess Helena 360, 3 St Christopher 279.
Year team results
Year Seven girls: 1 Hitchin GS 144pts, 2 Greneway 140, 3 Marriotts 130.
Year Seven boys: 1 Hitchin BS 165pts, 2 Greneway 139, 3 Knights Templar 136.
Year Seven combined: 1 Greneway 273pts, 2 Knights Templar 256, 3 Marriotts 241.
Year Eight girls: 1 Hitchin GS 161 pts, 2 Highfield 158, 3 St Francis' College 126.
Year Eight boys: 1 Hitchin BS 200pts, 2 Fearnhill 171, 3 Greneway 170,
Year Eight combined: 1 Fearnhill 290pts, 2 Highfield 277, 3 Knights Templar 267.
Year Nine girls: 1 St Francis' College 150pts, 2 Princess Helena 149, 3 Hitchin GS 144.
Year Nine boys: 1 Hitchin BS 187pts, 2 Knights Templar 162, 3 Greneway/Meridian 150.
Year Nine combined: 1 Greneway/Meridian 267pts, 2 Knights Templar, Nobel 243, 4 Fearnhill.
Year 10 girls: 1 Hitchin GS 167pts, 2 Knights Templar 160, 3 Meridian/Greneway 153.
Year 10 boys: 1 Knights Templar 163pts, 2 Hitchin BS 157, 3 John Henry Newman 150.
Year 10 combined: 1 Knights Templar 327pts, 2 Meridian/Greneway 301, 3 John Henry Newman 281.