Freedom’s frosty fun in Royston
- Credit: Archant
Sunday saw the last of the Run Herts Cross Country League series being played out on the frozen slopes of Royston.
The five-mile off road course saw 19 clubs take on the snowy challenge, and these included Freedom Tri.
First home for Freedom was James Parsons in 57th place in a time of 41 minutes 29 seconds while Gareth Charles came home in 68th place in 42:40.
Other Freedom times: 106th Chris Clark 45:41; 152nd Paul Fairchild 48:47; 179th Jenny Cotter 51:20; 210th Mark Allen 54:31; 213th John Philips 54:41; 221st Angela Philips 56:04; 222nd Matt Cotter 56:17; 232nd Emma Kinsey 56:55; 249th Monica Corcoran 58:23.
The cumulative series results ensured that Freedom’s Tracey Palmieri came second in her age group – a fantastic third year in the top three.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies’ vets team came away with the 2016-2017 trophy for third place in the series.
- 1 Plans for new block of flats on Matalan site gets green light
- 2 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 3 'Please just give us the COVID-19 vaccine,' pleads headteacher as schools reopen
- 4 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 5 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 6 Body found in search for missing woman
- 7 International Women's Day: A homage to those who have inspired us this year
- 8 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 9 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in
- 10 Missing Stevenage teen found