Free taster Sunday
A free taster day for coarse and fly fishing is at the Manor Farm fishery near Biggleswade later this month. Another free taster day for those interested is on Sunday, August 27 (10am-4pm). The Environment Agency are providing equipment and instructors to
A free taster day for coarse and fly fishing is at the Manor Farm fishery near Biggleswade later this month.
Another free taster day for those interested is on Sunday, August 27 (10am-4pm).
The Environment Agency are providing equipment and instructors to encourage budding anglers. Fly fishing will also be available on the day.
To confirm your interest please call 01767 317835 and leave a message.
The next open match is this Saturday - 1pm draw, fishing 2pm-7pm.
This match is to be held on the Becks Lake for a change, and will fit in around day ticket anglers already on site.
- 1 Police warning after distraction thefts in Stevenage and North Herts
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 4 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 5 Trial date set for Met police officer from Stevenage accused of rape
- 6 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 7 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Long lost family of WWII pilot finally found after newspaper appeal
Please call to book your place on 01767 317835.
Or you can visit the website www.manorfarmfishing.co.uk
Anglers found the lake out of form on Thursday's evening open at the Greensands Fishery near Sandy. This was due to water temperatures falling overnight and spring water running into the top lake.
In first place with 15-1-0 was Carl Sumners (Greensands), second place was S Drakylic (Sportsman's Lodge) with 13-13-0, and third went to D Theakston (Popletts MG) with 9-4-0.
Sunday's open saw a battle for first place between P Worrell and Sumners with only five ounces the difference.
Stevenage angler Worrell won the match with 31-7-0 closely followed by Sumners with 31-2-0. Third place went to T Towns (Bedford) with 23-0-0.
The next open at Greensands will be tonight (Thursday), draw at 5.30pm.
Another open will be held on Sunday, draw at 8.30am.
For more details on any of the matches or the fishery, call Chris Rose on 07969 553079.