Former Tottenham and Swindon striker Obika on trial at Stevenage
- Credit: Danny Loo/TGS Photo
Former Tottenham and Swindon striker Jonathan Obika is on trial with Stevenage as looks to earn himself a deal at the Lamex.
The 28-year-old is a free agent after leaving Oxford United at the end of last season, and played for Boro during their pre-season friendly at St Albans on Saturday as he bids to impress boss Dino Maamria.
Obika started his career at Tottenham in 2008, but failed to make a single Premier League appearance as he spent 11 loan spells away from the club.
He finally made a permanent exit in 2014 to join Swindon, scoring 25 league goals in 94 games before joining Oxford in 2017.
Obika struggled at The U's, finding the net just six times in 46 games.
You may also want to watch:
The striker is now looking to earn himself a deal at the Lamex ahead of the 2019/20 League Two season.
- 1 How many people in Stevenage were fined for breaking COVID-19 laws?
- 2 SG1 regeneration officially under way as holding direction is lifted
- 3 Hitchin schoolboy Alex Kirk signs professional deal with Arsenal
- 4 The Market Theatre could be axed as plan for flats is drawn up
- 5 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 6 Do you have memories of Stevenage's Bowes Lyon skate park for history book?
- 7 Long-term flooding fix earmarked for major Stevenage road
- 8 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 9 The hospice nurses administering COVID-19 vaccine in nearby care home
- 10 TV, motocross and quad bikes stolen in Stevenage burglary