Former Tottenham and Swindon striker Obika on trial at Stevenage
- Credit: Danny Loo/TGS Photo
Former Tottenham and Swindon striker Jonathan Obika is on trial with Stevenage as looks to earn himself a deal at the Lamex.
The 28-year-old is a free agent after leaving Oxford United at the end of last season, and played for Boro during their pre-season friendly at St Albans on Saturday as he bids to impress boss Dino Maamria.
Obika started his career at Tottenham in 2008, but failed to make a single Premier League appearance as he spent 11 loan spells away from the club.
He finally made a permanent exit in 2014 to join Swindon, scoring 25 league goals in 94 games before joining Oxford in 2017.
Obika struggled at The U's, finding the net just six times in 46 games.
You may also want to watch:
The striker is now looking to earn himself a deal at the Lamex ahead of the 2019/20 League Two season.
- 1 Stevenage man sentenced for racist assault and criminal damage
- 2 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 Trial date set for pair charged with detaining two people against their will
- 5 May 17: Newly refurbed Hollywood Bowl to reopen on Monday
- 6 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 7 Dog bitten in two places at attack in playing fields
- 8 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 9 Community rallies to help couple left out of pocket after pension money goes missing
- 10 Man dies after falling ill in town centre