Former Tottenham and Swindon striker Obika on trial at Stevenage
- Credit: Danny Loo/TGS Photo
Former Tottenham and Swindon striker Jonathan Obika is on trial with Stevenage as looks to earn himself a deal at the Lamex.
The 28-year-old is a free agent after leaving Oxford United at the end of last season, and played for Boro during their pre-season friendly at St Albans on Saturday as he bids to impress boss Dino Maamria.
Obika started his career at Tottenham in 2008, but failed to make a single Premier League appearance as he spent 11 loan spells away from the club.
He finally made a permanent exit in 2014 to join Swindon, scoring 25 league goals in 94 games before joining Oxford in 2017.
Obika struggled at The U's, finding the net just six times in 46 games.
You may also want to watch:
The striker is now looking to earn himself a deal at the Lamex ahead of the 2019/20 League Two season.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Stevenage unveil Amazon's Prime Gaming as new sponsors on new kit
- 4 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 5 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer