Former Tottenham and Swindon striker Obika on trial at Stevenage
- Credit: Danny Loo/TGS Photo
Former Tottenham and Swindon striker Jonathan Obika is on trial with Stevenage as looks to earn himself a deal at the Lamex.
The 28-year-old is a free agent after leaving Oxford United at the end of last season, and played for Boro during their pre-season friendly at St Albans on Saturday as he bids to impress boss Dino Maamria.
Obika started his career at Tottenham in 2008, but failed to make a single Premier League appearance as he spent 11 loan spells away from the club.
He finally made a permanent exit in 2014 to join Swindon, scoring 25 league goals in 94 games before joining Oxford in 2017.
Obika struggled at The U's, finding the net just six times in 46 games.
You may also want to watch:
The striker is now looking to earn himself a deal at the Lamex ahead of the 2019/20 League Two season.
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 3 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 4 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 5 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 6 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 7 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
- 10 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party