Hitchin Town still left waiting for safety as final day looms
- Credit: PETER ELSE
Hitchin Town's Southern League fate could be settled before the final day of the season and without them getting involved.
Only Robbie O'Keefe's Biggleswade Town can send them down but to do so, they will need to win their final two games and hope the Canaries fail to secure the one point they need at home to Bromsgrove Sporting on Saturday.
Biggleswade's first game comes on Thursday with a much-delayed contest against Tamworth.
Hitchin dropped to third from bottom after losing twice over the Easter weekend to the two top teams in Premier Division Central, champions Banbury United and Peterborough Sports.
Banbury won 2-0 at Top Field on Saturday before Sports claimed a 1-0 win on Easter Monday.
Baldock Town's weekend meanwhile got after to a great start as they beat landlords Arlesey Town 3-0 on Saturday with goals from Finley Aldridge, Alex Coppin and Tommy Reynolds.
However, they were brought back to earth on Tuesday with a similar score at Crawley Green bringing defeat.
- 1 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 8 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 9 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
Baldock face a trip to Holmer Green on Saturday with Arlesey at home to Flackwell Heath.