Hitchin Town stay bottom after letting two-goal lead slip at Lowestoft
- Credit: DANNY LOO PHOTOGRAPHY
Hitchin Town missed a glorious chance to move off the foot of the Southern League Premier Division Central table after letting a two-goal lead slip at Lowestoft Town.
The Canaries had got the best possible start by scoring twice in the opening three minutes, Rio Dasilva bagging the first and less than 60 seconds later Callum Stead lobbed the keeper for number two.
They should have wrapped it up just after half-time when they were awarded a penalty but the usually reliable Alex Brown missed from 12 yards and lifted by the reprieve, Lowestoft scored twice in the next 20 minutes to salvage a point.
It leaves Hitchin still stuck to the foot of the table but with 13th just three points away, and a better performance under their belts, they will look to push on starting at Saturday at home to Alvechurch.
Stotfold remain top of Spartan South Midlands League Division One thanks to a 5-1 win at home to Bedford.
Codi-Lee Spavins got two while there was one each for Louis Woodley and Ash Kersey.
Letchworth Eagles also won, 3-1 at London Tigers, while Baldock Town put on a good performance in defeat to Premier Division leaders Risborough Rangers.
- 1 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
They play at home to Hadley in the FA Vase on Sunday.