Five are leading performers
Five Stevenage players feature in the list of leading performers in the Home Counties Premier League Division Two (East). Ahead of the scheduled final round of matches on Saturday, which were once again badly affected by the weather, Tanweer Sikandar, Nas
Five Stevenage players feature in the list of leading performers in the Home Counties Premier League Division Two (East).
Ahead of the scheduled final round of matches on Saturday, which were once again badly affected by the weather, Tanweer Sikandar, Naseer Ahmed and Gary Brown made the batting list and Azhar Ali and Amit Dattani the bowling.
Stevenage's final match at home to West Herts was washed out to leave them third in the final standings.
All-rounder Sikandar was fifth with 652 runs followed by Ahmed (563) and Herts county opening bat Brown (406) lower down the list.
Ali was third in the bowling stakes, having claimed 39 victims, while fellow spinner Dattani has 28 wickets.
One current and one former Henlow player also feature in the Home Counties Premier League rankings.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 Madness to headline Standon Calling festival's Thursday line-up of music
Hertford's Sandun Dias, who played several matches for Henlow on Sundays in the Beds League, scored 423 runs despite missing the end of the season.
All-rounder Bobby Sher, who now plays for Slough in Division One, scored 461 runs and took 25 wickets.
* Martin Nevill claimed a six-wicket haul as the seconds won at North Enfield to confirm the home team's relegation from the Saracens Herts League Division Three.
Nevill bowled unchanged to take 6-31 in 20 overs as North Enfield were bowled out for only 92 in 40 overs.
Stevenage took nearly 34 overs and lost five wickets in knocking off the runs.