First podium finish for a Hitchin racer
Hitchin driver Linton Stutely continued his promising start to the Formula Ford season at Donington Park in rounds three and four of the championship. After finishing a creditable sixth at Oulton Park, Linton was out to prove his worth on a track he has m
Hitchin driver Linton Stutely continued his promising start to the Formula Ford season at Donington Park in rounds three and four of the championship.
After finishing a creditable sixth at Oulton Park, Linton was out to prove his worth on a track he has much more experience of racing.
Qualifying on Saturday was again a close battle, and Linton achieved third and second place on the grid for rounds three and four respectively.
Round three was a chaotic affair with the safety car being deployed several times during the 18-minute race, and Linton, as in the previous races, finished in sixth place.
But it was the second race of the day where Linton really had the chance to prove he could mix it with the best.
Starting from the front row on the grid gave him the chance to show his true speed and racing credentials, providing he could make a good start.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
He did and almost stole first place by the time the cars reached the first corner.
The real battle came during the final six laps. Heavily under pressure from fourth placed driver Jay Bridger, Stutely held his nerve to finish the race in third, securing his first ever podium in Formula Ford (pictured above).
He said: "I am delighted with the result here at Donington.
"It's a track I really enjoy, and I am pleased I held it all together to finish in the top three. If we keep moving forward as a team, who knows where we might finish at Brands Hatch next week?"
Stutely is sponsored by Power Pill UK Ltd based in Welwyn.