First podium finish for a Hitchin racer
Hitchin driver Linton Stutely continued his promising start to the Formula Ford season at Donington Park in rounds three and four of the championship. After finishing a creditable sixth at Oulton Park, Linton was out to prove his worth on a track he has m
Hitchin driver Linton Stutely continued his promising start to the Formula Ford season at Donington Park in rounds three and four of the championship.
After finishing a creditable sixth at Oulton Park, Linton was out to prove his worth on a track he has much more experience of racing.
Qualifying on Saturday was again a close battle, and Linton achieved third and second place on the grid for rounds three and four respectively.
Round three was a chaotic affair with the safety car being deployed several times during the 18-minute race, and Linton, as in the previous races, finished in sixth place.
You may also want to watch:
But it was the second race of the day where Linton really had the chance to prove he could mix it with the best.
Starting from the front row on the grid gave him the chance to show his true speed and racing credentials, providing he could make a good start.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 7 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
He did and almost stole first place by the time the cars reached the first corner.
The real battle came during the final six laps. Heavily under pressure from fourth placed driver Jay Bridger, Stutely held his nerve to finish the race in third, securing his first ever podium in Formula Ford (pictured above).
He said: "I am delighted with the result here at Donington.
"It's a track I really enjoy, and I am pleased I held it all together to finish in the top three. If we keep moving forward as a team, who knows where we might finish at Brands Hatch next week?"
Stutely is sponsored by Power Pill UK Ltd based in Welwyn.