Fine wins to start
Biggleswade gave a weak New City side a thrashing on Saturday when they visited Fairfield. After 20 overs, Biggleswade were 105-5 but Andy Collins (61) and Bruce Ditchum (36) came together for a vital 88-run sixth wicket stand in 14 overs. Both batsmen hi
Biggleswade gave a weak New City side a thrashing on Saturday when they visited Fairfield.
After 20 overs, Biggleswade were 105-5 but Andy Collins (61) and Bruce Ditchum (36) came together for a vital 88-run sixth wicket stand in 14 overs. Both batsmen hit regular boundaries including three sixes in an over for Collins.
Biggleswade eventually reached 250 all out from their 45 overs.
Collins was the star man in the New City innings, bowling his 10 overs through at the start and picking up the first four batsmen to end with 4-47 as Biggleswade won by 111 runs.
Biggleswade overpowered a weakened Langford side on Sunday at Fairfield.
Batting at number three, Tom Dupuy punished an early dropped catch in smashing 59 from 35 balls as Biggleswade raced to 122-3 in the 22nd over.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 5 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 7 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 8 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 9 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 10 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
Dan Szwajbak (43no) and Martin Wright (20no) took 61 runs from the last four overs to set Langford 257 to win.
Szwajbak also picked up three wickets as Biggleswade ran out winners by 132 runs.
Biggleswade host Old Warden in the Millman One on Saturday before a double header against Flitwick in the Beds League 24 hours later.