Festive spell’s over for ladies
Letchworth Ladies were beaten by Tunbridge Wells in their first East Premier League outing after Christmas. Amanda Wood and Sarah Parkhouse scored the Letchworth goals in a 4-2 defeat. Other scores: Letchworth Ladies II 2 Cheshunt 0; Saffron Walden II 5 L
Letchworth Ladies were beaten by Tunbridge Wells in their first East Premier League outing after Christmas.
Amanda Wood and Sarah Parkhouse scored the Letchworth goals in a 4-2 defeat.
Other scores: Letchworth Ladies II 2 Cheshunt 0; Saffron Walden II 5 Letchworth III 2 (Lesley Saunders, Ashleigh Godfrey); Letchworth Ladies IV 0 Chiltern Ladies II 4.
Blueharts Ladies drew 2-2 at home to Leighton Buzzards seconds.
You may also want to watch:
A substitution 10 minutes into the game saw Blueharts go 1-0 up with a goal from Kerry Kennard as she stepped on the pitch.
Buzzard retaliated and levelled the score at half time.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs
The visitors grabbed the lead after the break but Blueharts fought hard and Tamzin Alderson scored the equalising goal.
The seconds hit eight without reply against Welwyn Garden City.
Gina Joseph scored five times with other goals from Harriet Marsh (two) and Emily Guyton.
The third team had a frustrating goal-less rematch at Bishop's Stortford.
Despite strong attacking play from player of the match Amy Belletty, the Blues could not break the deadlock with debutant goalkeeper Emma Venables rarely tested.
n Letchworth went down 3-1 at City of Peterborough in a friendly, Matt Smith scoring a consolation.
Other scores: Royston 4 Letchworth II 3 (Ashley Brown, Matthew Spreckley, James Badcock); Letchworth III 3 (Ben Abbott two, David Thomas) City of Peterborough V 3; Royston III 3 Letchworth V 1 (Nick Pye); Cambridge South IV 0 Letchworth VI 6 (Andy Jones, Andy Stroomer, James Stroomer two, Jordan Taylor, Mike Turner).