Fairlands Valley Spartans pick up PBs on their travels
- Credit: FVS
There were a pair of personal bests as Fairlands Valley Spartans headed out and about in search of action.
Nick Gill and Georgie Hooper both recorded quickest half-marathon times at Stafford.
Gill clocked one hour 34 minutes one second, beating his previous best set at he Stevenage half in 2017 by almost four minutes, while Hooper managed 1:48:58 which was more than five minutes quicker than she had managed at the Richmond Half in 2019.
Others travelled to Great Yarmouth and the Ashridge Estate to find their running pleasure.
Twenty-four Spartans ran in the spring sunshine at Parkrun events on Saturday morning and it brought even more milestones.
Toby Eccleshall ran for the 100th time at Stevenage while Darryl Stevens brought up his 190th time at Brockenhurst.
There were PBs over the 5k courses too as Paul Maguire finished at Woodhouse Moor in Leeds in 23:09, finishing 97th out of 450 runners, while Nick Kleanthous managed 25:25 at Preston Park.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 7 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 8 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 10 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
Steve Wells meanwhile was was third overall in Thetford, running a time of 20:24.