Fairlands Valley Spartans continue to embrace return of actual races
- Credit: FVS
Fairlands Valley Spartans are staring to see more and more opportunities to tackle actual races - and they couldn't be happier.
Ed Hare travelled to the Goodwood Running Grand Prix where there was a number of distances on offer.
He opted to take on the 20-mile event as part of his training for next month's Peterborough Marathon, finishing in a personal best time of two hours 48 minutes 51 seconds.
He said: "Runners were sent off socially distanced and in fours and there were staggered starts all morning for all the different events.
"It felt very safe around the event village and certainly gives you confidence that larger events can happen this year."
Jim Brown took on a half marathon organised by Run Through at Lee Valley Olympic Park, utilising the one-mile cycling circuit.
With the headwind stretches coming in short bursts, he finished in 1:52:23.
- 1 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 2 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 3 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 10 Taste buds at the ready! Letchworth's Food and Drink Festival is back
Six months after their last Rock Up ‘n’ Run race along the River Lea towpath from Stanstead St Margarets Paul Holgate and Roger Biggs returned to join the fun organised by Fordy Runners.
Holgate beat his October time by over 11 minutes, finishing the half marathon in 2:37:48, while Biggs completed the 10k event in 1:31:50.