Magic mile brings age group win for Fairlands Valley Spartans' Yuko Gordon
- Credit: FVS
Yuko Gordon took top honours in her age category in the virtual British Masters One Mile Challenge.
She was one of 39 from Fairlands Valley Spartans to record a time, clocking six minutes 58 seconds to finish 892nd overall and first of 14 in the FV70 group.
Jason Anderson was the first Spartan to finish, coming home 31st in a time of 4:49, seven seconds ahead of Andrew Patterson and a further five seconds clear of Simon Jackson.
Suzy Hawkins was the first female from FVS in a time of 5:58, goo enough for 502nd position.
Saturday was also the club's monthly stripey Saturday where members are encouraged to don club colours for their exertions.
Spartans' vrtual race round England, with all miles cumulatively added from a nominal starting point in Bristol, continues with leader Brian White now across the Thames and into Tilbury in Essex.
The miles are calculated by either running, walking or cycling.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker