Fairlands Valley Spartan claims European medals with virtual runs
- Credit: KAREN ELLIS/FVS
Fairlands Valley Spartans can proudly say they have a European medallist in their ranks - after head coach Brian White picked up bronze in a virtual masters 5k.
He ran a time of 21 minutes 50 seconds in the European Masters, good enough for third in the 65 plus men's category.
But things got even better for him and his GB team-mates as they took gold in the team competition for the age group.
The new year has started with a bang for Paul Holgate. In addition to two Fly 5k runs, he competed in the BMAF virtual 10k on New Year’s Eve, clocking 1:10:35 and finishing 407th.
He followed that up with 1:01:02 in the Virtual Stevenage Cross Country five mile challenge. That was 1:29 slower than his time in December due to softer ground.
The fist Saturday of the month also meant stripey Saturday, with runners out in their club gear.
Most ran at the Fly 5k with James McSweeney the quickest and Jim Brown setting a PB.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 5 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 6 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 7 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker