Fairlands Valley Spartan claims European medals with virtual runs
- Credit: KAREN ELLIS/FVS
Fairlands Valley Spartans can proudly say they have a European medallist in their ranks - after head coach Brian White picked up bronze in a virtual masters 5k.
He ran a time of 21 minutes 50 seconds in the European Masters, good enough for third in the 65 plus men's category.
But things got even better for him and his GB team-mates as they took gold in the team competition for the age group.
The new year has started with a bang for Paul Holgate. In addition to two Fly 5k runs, he competed in the BMAF virtual 10k on New Year’s Eve, clocking 1:10:35 and finishing 407th.
He followed that up with 1:01:02 in the Virtual Stevenage Cross Country five mile challenge. That was 1:29 slower than his time in December due to softer ground.
The fist Saturday of the month also meant stripey Saturday, with runners out in their club gear.
Most ran at the Fly 5k with James McSweeney the quickest and Jim Brown setting a PB.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 8 Arlesey school recognised with prestigious inclusion award
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park