Fairlands Valley Spartan claims European medals with virtual runs
- Credit: KAREN ELLIS/FVS
Fairlands Valley Spartans can proudly say they have a European medallist in their ranks - after head coach Brian White picked up bronze in a virtual masters 5k.
He ran a time of 21 minutes 50 seconds in the European Masters, good enough for third in the 65 plus men's category.
But things got even better for him and his GB team-mates as they took gold in the team competition for the age group.
The new year has started with a bang for Paul Holgate. In addition to two Fly 5k runs, he competed in the BMAF virtual 10k on New Year’s Eve, clocking 1:10:35 and finishing 407th.
He followed that up with 1:01:02 in the Virtual Stevenage Cross Country five mile challenge. That was 1:29 slower than his time in December due to softer ground.
The fist Saturday of the month also meant stripey Saturday, with runners out in their club gear.
Most ran at the Fly 5k with James McSweeney the quickest and Jim Brown setting a PB.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know