Top Field date set for Hitchin Town after draw for the FA Trophy third qualifying round
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Hitchin Town will be delighted with a home tie after the draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Trophy was made.
The Canaries will face Isthmian League Division One South East side Herne Bay, will the match scheduled to be played on Saturday, October 31.
The Bay earned their passage to this stage with an impressive 2-1 win at league leaders VCD Athletic on Saturday.
They sit ninth in comparison after two wins and two defeats from their four games so far this year.
Hitchin meanwhile join the competition in this round along with other clubs from the Premier Divisions in the Northern Premier, Southern and Isthmian leagues.
The winners of this round will receive £2,450 from the prize fund while the losers pocket £625.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash