Arlesey Town and Baldock Town get home draws for early rounds of the FA Cup
- Credit: JIM STANDEN
There was home comforts for both Arlesey Town and Baldock Town after the draws for the early rounds of the FA competitions.
The pair will play at home in both the FA Cup extra-preliminary round. Landlords Arlesey start their journey against Eastern Counties Premier Division Thetford Town on Saturday, August 7, with Baldock likely to have their game with Wembley shifted to the Sunday.
If they both win then that scenario will be repeated in the preliminary round with either Bugbrooke St Michaels or March Town United the visitors for Arlesey and Grays Athletic Baldock's opponents.
The FA Vase has also placed Arlesey at home with FC Deportivo Galicia coming to the New Lamb Meadow on September 11.
Their prize in the second qualifying round would be yet another home game against either Long Buckby or Tring Athletic.
But while that round will also see Baldock's first game, it breaks the sequence with the Reds having to go to either Halstead United or Potton United.
That round will be played on September 25.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 8 Stevenage unveil Amazon's Prime Gaming as new sponsors on new kit
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield